A topic that has been on my mind today as I do Saturday chores after an hour of counting on the laptop. I feel like my life lately is just filled with counting things. Part of the trouble with counting is anything you count then begs to be analysed. Of course, you say, that is her job. That is correct - i spend my days counting the Western budget, the FTE enrollment, the savings on the wood fire boiler including the CO emissions and the CO2 offsets, the employee pay plan, the days behind in accounts payable, days to important federal or state deadlines, retiree subsidies on the benefit plan. On and on I count.
I have carried that home in I hope not compulsive ways. Every morning i count my blood sugar and monthly my protime to track and analyze. A year ago i started tracking every expense on a home grown excel spreadsheet that must be updated every Saturday morning - counting, counting every penny to see where the heck it is going. Now it is extended to time every day counting everything bob and i put in our mouths on Myfooddairy.com. it counts for us calories, carbs, proteins, fats of all kinds, sodium, cholesterol, and all the vitamins, minutes of exercise, and on and on. In the way of TOO much information - last week i had to count everything eliminated from my body for 24 hours! An on and on I count.
I guess the important thing is as long as I continue to never count grievances and hurts and continue to count my many many blessing, which I do every morning as I drive to work, all this counting and analysis will be ok. As Uncle Roy said a few months ago - "If you analyse it we've had a great life." Each of you are part of the wonderful blessings I count -- may you each enjoy counting your blessings also.
love,
susan/mom
1 comment:
Sue, I really want to introduce you to Microsoft Money because it tracks the money for you - much less work but disappointing when you realize how much you really spend at Starbucks.
Post a Comment