Sunday, May 10, 2009

Golden Sower Books

I have about decided Mark and I are the only people in the family who know how to post. I realize everyone is busy- but please.

I have recently finished the 65 intermediate nominees for the Golden Sower books. I enjoyed reading them very much. These are the stand outs (I felt) some are more for Emmy and Kalin and some are more for the kiddos. There were two that were all Loren- he got his own list. The books I would recommend from the list are as follows:

Home of the Brave by Katherine Applegate
The Sorta Sisters by Adrian Fogelin (this is a girl book)
Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers (a early Amelia Peabody)
Edward's Eyes by Patricia MacLachlan (this one is a tear jerker- so Mom will love it)
Billy Creekmore by Tracey Porter
The Daring Adventures of Penhaligon Brush S. Jones Rogan
Paint the Wind by Pam Munoz Ryan (a horse lovers girl book)
Night of the Black Bear by Gloria Skurzynski and Alane Ferguson (a formula, but solid parents)
A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban
Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell
All the Lovely Bad Ones: a ghost story by Mary Downing Hahn
Night of the Spadefoot Toads by Bill Harley
Brooklyn Bridge by Karen Hesse
Savvy by Ingrid Law
Greetings from Nowhere by Barbara O'Connor
The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas
Jimmy's Star by Mary Ann Rodman
Window Boy by Andrea White

Additional books for Loren
Six Innings by James Preller
Steinbeck's Ghost by Lewis Buzbee (you are the Steinbeck fan right)

There are several more that I can be more specific about for you personally if you are interested.

Anne Nicole

4 comments:

emmy said...

Did you get to keep all the books??

Anne said...

I used the library for every single one of them. Are you proud of me Grandma Martha?

The Bob Briggs Family said...

I'm thrilled to have a new list to check out. Cy and I love the library. I could't possible keep up with the demand if we didn't utilize it. Cy goes through several a week. We're now loving the free ebooks.

SK

bob said...

Wow - first let me say how exciting it was to log in and see some real new blogs -- thanks everyone.

Anne - what a great volunteer project for you. You are the perfect person to review books and besides what a great excuse to read extra!!! Not sure how this all works but think it was a neat project.

i'll start with the tear jerker!!!