The second day of our trip from Savannah to Omaha was to St. Lois (how do you spell that). Naturally, the thing we say in St. L was the Arch, which was really impressive. I'm still kindof saying why though. I get the whole gateway to the west thing- but why did we build this huge thing in the first place? It is as wide as it is tall. Whoosh!
Yes, we went to the top! It was amazing. Lisa got some definate vertigo, and didn't like it up there at all. She was very funny- she would hold her camera out over the windows (that looked straight down), take a picture then look at the picture to see what everyone else was seeing.
Emma didn't like it much either- she would look, but she says that "It was scary, Daddy kept pushing my face to the window so I had to keep looking down." It looked to me like she would say "This is scary I'm not looking." Then one of the boys would say "Wow! Look at that" then Emma would push her own face aganist the window.
The boys really liked it a lot, and I just felt like it was really crowded. I also was frustrated with the stupidity of people. We were told fifteen times, at least not to look in the first two windows so that everyone could get into the top of the arch. Naturally, the first thing that EVERYONE does is stop and look out the first two windows. ARGGG!
3 comments:
How do you get all those great family photos. I love the one of all of you looking up at the arch. I am going through all of my pictures of the vacation and I don't have one picture of all of us. You are my photography hero. Keep the posts coming I can't wait to hear more about how things are going in Omaha.
LoB
how do they take you up? do you walk stairs or is it an elevator? me and my lungs are very concerned about these things.
The emma height stories remind me of a long ago family vacation with our three kiddos. We were looking at the seals on the Oregon coast when i sat emmy (3) on the rock ledge and caused Bob and Loren to go into major panic.
looked like another great day.
Post a Comment