Working in Higher Ed is such a hopeful place to be. Year after year saying hello and goodbye to fine young men and women after a short time with them. Working at a college gives you great confidence in the future. Working in student affairs is especially gratifying. Bob and I attended the end of year Resident Assistant dinner - Wow - a wonderful event.
I was reading a magazine article about organization and house cleaning at the Dr. office today that reminded me of a funny that happened to me last month. The article suggested playing games while cleaning up with younger children --- of course we have this down pat with the long running "Maids of the White House". Emmy and I can still have a good game of it (when she humors me) so I forgot the article did have other suggestions for older children. When I was in Omaha, I suggested a quick "maids of the white house" cleanup and Emma promptly informed us she would be the First Lady. The game was still o.k. because the First Lady gave me the largest bonus!
4 comments:
Way to go Mom! I'm so glad you are trying to resurrect the blog.
Very clever Emma ;)
I have been waiting for 4 months for something new. This is so refreshing - Thanks.
Do you think Emma would consider being the First Lady at my house so I can get it under control?
The Other Aunt Emm
I don't think Carter would cooperate even if he got to be the President!
This post made my day! Thanks for sharing. I so admire you Sue for the gift that you give everyday all day long. It isn't just a job but an investment into the minds of the future. Your work and dedication makes that school run very smoothly and you have so many that admire you. Both you and Bob have my upmost respect. I love to watch your relationship and the bond that you two share. Thanks for being such a great example to all of us. When Emma's Done at Auntie Emm's she can come on down here. We'll keep her First Lady for as long and she would like! Kallin ~ think it's a boy thing???? Cy still leaves ever wrapper on the table. The word garbage can is lost from his vocabulary even though I "remind" him on a daily basis! Too much to do to waste time on silly things like a clean house :-). Happy Mom's day you all ~ Hope you have a fantastic day.
Post a Comment