Sunday, May 23, 2010

The BEST Thing About Moving

As I packed up our dresser this morning, I came across an old photo album of Loren's and wanted to share a few of the gems I found. For example, this particularly awesome pic of my good friend and sister-in-law, Emmy, at what looks to be Universal Studios:
I'm really not sure what I like best about this photo - the haircut, the sweet Back To The Future background, or the crazy yellow jacket/sweatshirt thing she's wearing. Nice.

I'm also a big fan of this beaut of Loren and Chad Davis sleeping in the car during what I have to assume was one of many drives home from Flathead Lake:
While Chad's hot pink tee is awesome, I'm a much bigger fan of Loren's 'jet ski' tee which, he informs me, was custom-made for him by Aunt Em with puffy paint. Nice work Em!! I could never get puffy paint to work very well for me, as evidenced by some tremendous glow-in-the-dark tees made by me and some of my fifth-grade girlfriends for our performance of "Tutti Frutti" in the elementary school talent show, but I digress.
Speaking of Aunt Em, here's a spectacular pic of her on the day that she became Mrs. Tim Plenger:
She and Tim look like a couple of gorgeous '80s wedding models who were instructed not to look directly at the camera.
As you may know, there are several model lookalikes in the Briggs/Davis family, including these ladies:
While I love the stylish pajama look (particularly Anne's blue satin number) I have to ask, what were you all doing that needed to be photographed while you were lying in bed?
Anne must have had a thing for blue satin. Check this out:
The expression on her face tells me that she knew this pic would be posted on the family blog someday as an example of quintessential '80s fashion, and she's none too happy about it.

And while we're on the subject of fashion, take a peek at this awesome '80s couple:
Bob and Steve don't seem as thrilled to be photographed eating breakfast as Emmy, Martha, and Anne were to be photographed in their pajamas. P.S. I hope Steve kept that tie because the skinny tie is back this year.

I don't know if you know this about Emmy, but she loves posing for individual portraits. For example:
While this particular photo is missing her trademark 'thumbs up,' it does provide an excellent example of the breathtaking '80s hairstyle known as the mullet (or femullet as the case may be).
If you're interested in '80s hair, take a peek at this:
There are no words.

Finally, I found this hot pic of Loren baking cookies:
Cookie cutters: $5, Cookie Ingredients: $7, Finding out that you're married to a dork who would rather bake cookies with his friends than go out on a Friday night: Priceless.

I hope you've all enjoyed this little trip down memory lane. If any of you are the vengeful type, feel free to contact my mother. For the right price, she might be willing to send some pics of me in my fabulous puffy paint shirt (I had a sweet perm at the time, too!).

Love you all,
Kalin

5 comments:

Susan said...

WOW!!! I love memory lane and I even love the 80's -- Bob and i are having a good laugh and believe me we needed one today.

All the models are gorgeous and well loved. Thanks for a fabulous post Kalin -- and we will need to see that 80's perm someday!

Love to all,
Bob and Sue

The Bob Briggs Family said...

I have been laughing all day. I can't believe Loren actually wore the puff paint shirt. He is such a trooper. As is Emmy - I think the one where is is posing by the bush at the lake was for my video I did for my student teaching project.

Sure wish I had my body of the
80s!!

The Other Aunt Emm

Anne said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Rob can't even breath because he is laughing so hard. I really want to see the perm, and the puffy shirt. There have to be more in your closet :-)

emmy said...

I just want to state for the record, lest you think I am one step away from dying my hair red and wearing a leather jacket, that was not a femullet! There is wind blowing my long, luxurious locks... i mean really... did you think i would do a photo shoot without wind?? And if you are curious, that yellow button down paired nicely with some bright blue stirrups. thank you kalin. thank you.

Anne said...

Lisa's loudest comment. When we came to the picture of Gpa Hugh she all but shouted, "is that a toupee?" I think she was horrified to know anyone related to her would wear such a fashionable item.