This year we had a Halloween Birthday party for Rob. It was low key (at least as low key as you can be on Halloween with 10 ten and eleven year old boys, 2 ten year old girls, 1 nine year old girl and 1 five year old boy). We had pizza and cake, went trick-or treating, watched a movie and played football in the front yard.
This little X-Wing Pilot had too much Halloween I think.
Our Candy Corn Princess and our X-Wing pilot stayed with the bigger kids all night. If fact, by the end of the evening it was the big kids that were slowing down and the two younger ones that were still leading the pack.
On November 1 we had Rob's real Birthday with a special dinner, homemade cake, and family gifts. Rob had a great time and really enjoyed his presents.
I can't blame anyone but myself for this gift. Yes, it is a real snare drum. I don't think I realized how loud one drum could be. Rob is improving on his percussion by leaps and bounds since his birthday and the rest of us keep the Advil handy.
I can't believe that Rob is eleven. When did I blink. He had a great birthday and we feel blessed to have him in our family- snare drums, jokes and all.
2 comments:
Looks like a great time! The costumes rocked and I love all the pictures! I think joke books are a rite of passage for young boys... does anyone remember Spence's dino joke book?
Yeah !!! Thanks for the great pictures - looks like a great time was had by all. The kids all look cute and the MB picture of Rob and friends is priceless. Revenge - it was on the list you sent for Rob and I knew it was the perfect gift -- I've been imagining him in the kitchen and everywhere telling jokes to all. Way to go Rob!
Post a Comment