Thursday, August 19, 2010

All because two people fell in love...

Aunt Emm and the girls drove to Dillon on Monday (August 16th) to help Grandpa Hugh celebrate his birthday. We had a great day with cake and ice-cream at his home, a shopping trip to Quality, and dinner at Papa T's. Grandpa had lots of attention and candy so I think it was a good birthday. I had thrown together a little family tree for his wall the night before. It is certainly nothing fancy and will need to be replaced by something created by the craftier people in our family. If you have a picture that you would like used instead feel free to send it in and we will replace it.
Really what I was struck by while working on this project is our family. It is amazing how quickly we've grown and spread all over the country. I couldn't help but think how tickled Grandma Barb would be by her 14 (yes... 14!!!) adorable great-grandchildren. I feel lucky to be part of these huge family and am blessed to know I have such a loving support system in place.
Doug's Family & Emm's Family

Dorth's Family & John's Family

Bob's Family (We required a whole poster!)

All Together

The Birthday Boy

2 comments:

The Bob Briggs Family said...

That was a wonderful day!!! Emmy did a wonderful job on the posters - Now I can also keep everyone straight! :)

The Other Aunt Emm

Jenna, Brendan, and Finley said...

Such a cute (and thoughtful) idea! I might need to do that for my grandma now :)