Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Let's Hit It

I have a need for more book reviews -- i love reading them and seeing each of our personalities shine through our review. Let's get going again -- I think we can take the summer list into the fall and then be ready at Christmas time to start on our new Christmas books!!

I read Anne's choice for me - Wrapped in Rain during July on an as can basis. I really liked this book and it helped me keep in mind what is really important. It was a rather sad story made strong by the strong influences on Tucker that kept him grounded. I will most likely try another Charles Martin book after my summer reading.

I did take a little break and read Elizabeth Berg's latest book -- not my very favorite but she continues to be a must read author for me -- hope you girls feel old enough to try them someday!!!

I am currently on the fourth HP and will work on it as soon as I finish my one other detour - I'm currently reading Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese and I think it may be my number 1 of 2010. It is a must read for all of you - men and women. So if you need a detour I highly suggest this book.

Dad plans on doing a couple book reviews this weekend. His leg appears to be healing thank goodness.

Hope to read some reviews soon.

No comments: