Hello to the Briggy Bunch this nice Memorial Day Weekend.
Thanks for the new slideshow, what a beautiful woman in a terrific part -- so what was the name of the actress who played Lucinda? It is great to see some sign of activity.
A busy week here. Dad had a great week in Havre - very impressed with the welding class, Northern, the instructor and the facility. I leave for Havre on Wednesday for Board of Regents. If you have to go to Havre, this is the very best time as the drive after Montana's spring rain is absolutely gorgeous.
I did two days in Helena, also a beautiful drive. The awards ceremony was very low key and nice. Picture with the Lt. Gov on umwestern.edu. The funny part was he said when I got up there -- we are connected - i graduated with her sister Tempie from Billings High in 1955. I smiled cuz Tempie is combination of auntie/big sister but did think - i wonder how old they think I am.
Friday night had a fun evening and good dinner with Mom, Dad, Sara, and Spencer and Saturday had Dorothy Ann, Kelly, and Steve. The guys were all helping with hopefully the last part of getting Gmpa's shop junk ready to auction on May 30. I made Mississippi Mud Cake for both dinners -- low fat high sugar and delicious. An easy recipe I see us using at the lake and many things to come! Did No Peek casserole one night and a new hearty chili the next. Both turned out well.
I talked to darling grandkids today -- I told Bob, two grandkids called me and he said - "how are Lisa & Carter" -- am sure glad they know my number. Lisa had a successful play with four more performances to go. No news yet but lots of interesting possibilities for the Fullers. Carter always has such interesting stories and ideas - Last week I talked to Emma for an hour -- they would be a hoot together.
Just a chat blog - Montana's primary is coming up and for the first time every we are actually seeing the candidates more than once in our state. very interesting. Uncle Bo's friend Skip stopped and took a picture of the Paradise train station on the way back to Portland and sent us each one -- a very special gesture. Off to Maggie Warren's graduation party.
Love you all - please just chat blog soon.
Sue
2 comments:
Montana Western Vice-Chancellor Receives Leadership Award
Susan Briggs, University of Montana Western Vice-Chancellor for Administration & Finance is the recipient of an Excellence in Leadership Award (ELA) from the Interagency Committee for Change by Women (ICCW).
Briggs was one of three recipients of a 2008 ELA. The ELA awards are given in three categories: state government, the private sector and the public sector.
Montana Lt. Governor John Bollinger presented the awards in a luncheon held in Helena, Mont., Wednesday, May 21.
The ICCW is an organization established by Executive Order of the Governor. ICCW honors persons who have created positive change for all state employees by promoting the full participation of women in state government.
ICCW established the Excellence in Leadership awards in 1999 to honor three individuals. Each winner exhibits outstanding leadership qualities, which recognize the value of women in the workplace, and actively encourage women to move forward and upward.
Pic:
Sue and Lt Gov
WOOHOO! Congrats Sue!
Thanks Iris!
Post a Comment