Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The hottest spot on earth!!!

I need to report on yet another AMAZING ACHIEVEMENT in the life of EMMALEE BRIGGS... I have been to the hottest spot on earth and lived to tell about it. Not only have I been there, I have spent the entire day there for the last two days... in an enclosed space... with 8th-graders... that carry with them the stench of too much cologne and sweaty-sweaty-outdoor-boy smell. I know... sounds like a wonderful adventure. I have had experts from The Weather Channel, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NASA, and Intellicast studying the atmosphere, air quality, and temperature in my classroom. (I'm not really sure why NASA was here either.) They have deemed it unfit for humans... Los Angeles Unified School District has not. The teaching must continue despite the 100 plus temps. No adventure would be complete without pics so here they are...

4 comments:

betsey said...

This looks like me while unpacking boxes in the Cleve'. Yeah, our apartment was like 4 million degrees the other day. Thankfully we got an air conditioner. No luck with air conditioners in your class room. Maybe a portable air conditioner? Or maybe a ban on horrible tween cologne.

Just2CUsmile said...

omg i will be by tomorrow to throw some water balloons at you :)

The Bob Briggs Family said...

Honey, honey -- you look wonderful despite the heat. We miss you so much!!!

I was logging on to blog no matter what and it blew my mind to see a new blog with a new adventure - you have had so many "puddings". so i'll blog tomorrow and pay the bills tonight.

Just2CUsmile said...

after today, i'm sorry to have to tell you that the record has been broken - the hottest spot on Earth was in Tyler Hall ...