I went to the Santa Barbara Mission with my friends Iris and Mary. We went on the tour. It was beautiful, although I can't figure out why all my pics have the pink effect. Oh well it makes them look like fancy shmancy postcards.
After visiting the mission we went up the road a little way and did some "glamping." That's right people... this Montana girl did some glamour camping. This is the little cabin we stayed in. It was a great place and I definitely think we should keep it in mind for a family reunion.
I got to spend some time with my summer sisters up at the lake. It was wonderful. I shed some serious tears when I realized my little Briggie-Pie was old enough to be going to college. She sounds like she is doing great there and I am so proud of her!!
We held our own version of the Olympics up at the lake. This is the opening ceremonies. Not quite the fanfare of Beijing but I think our ceremonies had their own quiet dignity. I was proud to be part of the winning tube relay team and on the bronze medal winning badminton team. Brit and I got a little rattled by the team of Pie and Jesse. I think they should submit for testing. Aunt Dorth has more pics from this great weekend... maybe we can talk her into posting them!
I stopped at Mount Rushmore with Mom and Dad on our way through South Dakota. Very interesting... I was sort of bummed the parents weren't down with looking for buried treasure.
MONTANA, MONTANA. GLORY OF THE WEST...
I had a great time in Omaha, although I think I might go crazy if I had to sit in the pick-up line everyday after-school... don't kids know how to walk anymore? I went to the zoo with these guys.
The kids were great tour guides and I must admit for a zoo it wasn't so bad. Thank you everyone that made my summer great. I even got in a few card games with Grandma and Pom Pom. After a two year losing streak I finally turned my luck around and stole a few games from Gramps.
1 comment:
Like the new look. Mom said something about books but nothing is coming up on my computer. We certainly enjoyed our part of the Emmy vacation - it was good to have her home even if just for a couple days. I'll be sending Emmy a set of emails to encourage the broader briggs and davis families to please start posting and having fun with us on the blog - be prepared to be bugged.
Post a Comment