Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Ms. Molly or Tutu Madness or I Miss Betsey

Our beautiful Ms. Molly turned 1 last Thursday and it was somewhat bittersweet for me - I can't believe our baby girl is growing up so fast! The weeks leading up to her birthday were filled with hours of online shopping for the perfect birthday tutu, hat and rhinestone t-shirt. I know it sounds completely crazy but I think you'll agree that the results are spectacular:


I got so involved in tutu shopping that I ended up buying the supplies to make the tutu myself then I had a bunch of tulle left over so I made two more. I sent one to my friend Stacy's daughter Makenzie and I'm planning on sending the other to Ms. Nora Hawkins if I ever get around to going to the post office. (Betsey, Don't even think about making one yourself - this is my obsessive-compulsive project of the month!) Emmy likes the tiny tutus so much that she decided we should make grown up ones for ourselves. I'm sure we'll post a fabulous picture of that project later this month. Anyway, we had a great time at Molly's party - Molly made a huge mess with her cake and she got a pink pony from her Auntie - how can you possibly top a pink pony on your first birthday?



The only thing missing was the presence of the Hawkins family. Richard accepted a clerkship in Cleveland earlier this year and this was the first big gathering we've had without them (with the exception of bowling and cupcakes during the Week of Emmalee, which also wasn't quite the same). As much fun as we had, it didn't have the "madness" feel that Betsey and Richard's (and Nora's) presence usually brings. In fact, we haven't had a single taste-test related party since the Hawkins family left Los Angeles. Just one of the many reasons (and the fatty-fat lunches at Carl's Jr. and the emergency babysitting assistance) that I miss Betsey!

4 comments:

betsey said...

OH MY GOSH! Molly is so adorable (and looks slightly mischevious in these pictures...are you a little worried!?!?!) I think that she and Nora need to be pen pals. I have Molly's present here STILL...yes, the post office and I have a love/hate relationship.

I miss ALL the Briggs so much!!! It is lonely and sad here. I just haven't had the energy to make new friends. BOOOO! I have had the energy to find new cupcake places in Cleveland. But NOTHING has even come close to Sprinkles. Oh Sprinkles, how I love thee!

We are planning a visit in February. Get ready for loads of gossip, fatty foods, and fun!!! WE miss you guys!!!!!

Susan said...

Don't i have the cutest sweetest youngest granddaughter. I put the first picture up as wallpaper at work. Happy Birthday to my little Molly!!!!

The Bob Briggs Family said...

Hard to belive little miss molly is one. I can tell she is all girl and will have lots of fun shopping with her mommy. Her beautiful tutu reminds me of her Aunt Anne -- she'll probably be a little ballerina. Thanks for the great post Kalin. - Bob

emmy said...

Molly is adorable. Her birthday was wonderful. The tutu was perfect and an inspiration to future tutu wearing aunties everywhere! all the numbers.