Monday, October 13, 2008

Voyage Long and Strange

Grandma and Pom Pom sent me an excellent book for my birthday (September 18th, just in case you forgot).  Although I do not have the same penchant for reading non-fiction as Grandma and Loren,  I really enjoyed this read.  My understanding of U.S. history was truly elementary... probably because that was the last time anyone taught me about North America from 1492-1620.  I recommend this book to everyone...  I would also love to hear quiz results.

4 comments:

Susan said...

O.K. - I confess - i totally flunked this test. Yeah my B.A. was in history. So glad you found the book interesting - looks like i better read it ASAP.

Anonymous said...

Mom and I tried to comment yesterday and we don't know what happened to it. Anyway we'll try again. Mom said after taking the quiz she needed to leave the middle east and go back to early Amercian history, however, first we all need to read Kingmakers by Karl E. Meyer & Shareen Blair Brysac; The Post-American World by Fareed Zakaria, and Uncle C.M.'s suggestion of The Shia Revival by Vali Nasr. All sounds heavy to me! Martha actually did quite well on the quiz - just not quite perfect.

betsey said...

Guess what!?!? IT is October 17th! Today is Carter's birthday! We miss you Carter and hope that your birthday is a HUGE CELEBRATION! (Present is on its way...I promise :)...) Love to all the Briggs!!!!

Anne said...

guess what! I passed! You all thought I only knew all the words to "wheels on the bus" and how to sort children's laundry.

I have to admit, reading "The Discoverers" in collage helped a lot with this quiz.