Saturday, February 28, 2009

Traveler's Rest

It is so nice to be home for a whole weekend in our beautiful sunshine house. What a wild two months it has been. Since Christmas weekend I have been to Ogden/Salt Lake two times, Seattle, Omaha, Salmon ID, Butte two times, and Helena about seven times. Lots of road miles and long weekends!

New Year's weekend we took Em, Pie, Timber, & Emmy to Ogden to see Grandpa in the Rehab Center and to think about the next step. We had a wonderful time with Aunt Dot and family, fun with each other, and lots of tears as we were in and out of the rehab center. Our hearts are breaking for Grandpa and the hard adjustment ahead for him.

Bob and I headed to Salmon, ID. to take our car for the second repair in 13 months. The van is so well cared for and beautiful inside and out due to Bob's great care. The engine is fine and it runs well but the "controller" that keeps the dash gage's working keeps giving out. It is a know problem with the van and it is very very hard to understand why Chrysler can not figure this out. It was in the shop 2 months last time and is on week 7 this time. Excuse after excuse on missing parts, shipping wrong parts etc. I have been a saint for over 15 weeks in the last 13 months trying to live without a car. We paid for the last repair and will pay for this one as well so that this car can continue to work for someone. Certainly makes you understand the BIG TROUBLE the mismanagement of American car companies has caused.

Bob did two weekend drives to Missoula to deliver me to the airport for my Saturday to Saturday WONDERFUL week in Omaha. I have the MOST delightful grandchildren and beautiful daughter. Mark did two weeks in India (see earlier post) and I wanted to be with Anne and kids. After a three month time without medicine to run 2nd opinion tests, Anne was just getting back on the medicine for her hypo-pituitary (sp) problem. She is regaining energy now that she is back on the medicine. I tried to help as much as possible with the crazy busy schedule of four school children with lots of activities. It was FUN. I'll try to post pictures when I figure out the Christmas camera.

Anne has wanted to see her two Grandpa's and a Fuller wedding created an occasion for that to happen. Mark's brother Owen was married in the Salt Lake Temple and they had a huge and wonderful family event. Bob and I packed up Carl & Martha for a Salt Lake City trip. Dad was so brave through the weekend walking on a broken foot (wasn't diagnosed until we returned home) up and down the long hallways of Little America. The four of us spent several hours with Hugh in his new apartment on Friday and Bob, Mark, me, Anne & family a couple hours on Saturday. We are blessed with such a large and loving family and it was so fun for everyone to see the Fullers.

Mom has wanted to see some ocean and Bob and Steve were lovingly concerned about my lack of wheels. So Bob, Mom, Dad, Tempie and I packed up for a weekend drive to Seattle. Bob and I drove out in parent's car on Saturday and home in a new to us Honda Odyssey on Sunday. My knees are feeling all this travel!!! Tempie and folks came home on Wednesday after a great time at Bainbridge and a chance to see Uncle Bill. We so appreciate brothers who share so sweetly and genuinely with us.

The biennial nature of Montana always heats up things for my work and the stimulus bill is adding to the mix this year. We are very busy on every front - budget, plant projects, student affairs issues, biomass burner issues, and on and on. This includes lots of conference calls and trips to Helena. At least it is never boring. (only long blogs are!!!!)

Today I'm so thankful for my home in this quiet place and that the roads have been mostly good for all the travels. May all your lives be full of sunshine and DRY roads.

No comments: