Perhaps you are like me and have debated the merits of each digit? Which finger would you be willing to sacrifice in order to end world hunger? Which finger is your favorite? No? You haven't ever thought about or discussed such an important topic? Well, then your are lucky to know me. Let me enlighten you...
I will be the first to admit when I am being shortsighted. I've always loved the pinkie. I understand that it is pretty much useless. I understand that it serves no real purpose. But it is so cute. It is tiny in comparison with the other digits. It is the baby.
I have learned my lesson though. I will never underestimate the power of the thumb again. It is not just to express approval or joy in photos. It serves a real purpose.
I performed surgery on the thumb on my left hand. It was a simple procedure... one I have performed many times. Unfortunately there were complications this time. I have spent the day wincing every time I have had to button/unbutton something. Doing the dishes was even worse than usual and typing this has been painful.




6 comments:
I hope there are other ways to address world hunger than digit soup! Sorry about you sore thumb - it is most important. Bob always says "If only you had a thumb" to the cats as we start yard work.
Please give to your favorite charity to help with world hunger.
UMM... I just want to clarify... I in NO WAY was suggesting "digit soup!" Yuck!! Double Yuck! I was thinking more along the lines of the question game, "Would you be willing to give up a finger if it meant an end to world hunger?" You get the idea. And the cat anecdote.. makes me think the electric fence idea will be going into effect sooner than I thought :)
Take care of that thumb you of the thumb generation. Please read The Panda's Thumb by Stephen Jay Gould.
Can't way to see you - we'll have lots of fun with cards and talk.
*sigh*
surgery = surgeon ... you = NOT a surgeon
opposable thumbs dude...it quite separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom.
urgent care. just sayin' - i think they're open 24/7 :)
thanks for the ultra close up pics too...thank goodness they were taken pretty early on :P
Now we can be thumb buddies!!!:P
If you DO want to help with the whole "stop hunger" thing you should go to www.freerice.com. It is a website that tests(spelling?) your knoledge and for every question you get right, 10 grains of rice are donated to a person in need of the food!! Cool, huh???
After going to the CWS I've decided that the thumb is not the digit of choice for most people for pictures- unless you are us. Everyone on the screen was using the pointer finger in a #1 way- no one was using their thumb. There were also several Texas fans who threw the horns up whenever the camera was on them- again using the pointer finger. We never do the #1 thing- which begs the question, do we not feel number one or do we just prefer to say everything is peachy with a thumbs up instead?
Post a Comment