This morning the kiddos were talking about some of the teachers in their school and we were speculating on who Emma would get for fourth grade. One teacher's name came up (who I think is a great teacher and am secretly hoping Emma gets) and Rob says "Wow Emma, if you get her you'll have lots of homework. Homework is her favorite noun."
This has led me to wonder if Homework really is a teacher's favorite noun. So I'm taking a straw poll of favorite nouns. This would require some response Loren ;-).
Cody's favorite noun is Pooh Corner
Emma's favorite noun is Ballet
Rob's favorite noun is Chocolate
Anne's favorite noun (according to Emma and Rob) is children. I'm not sure that is my favorite noun, but I have enough of them that it must at least be in the running. The truth is I could only think of adjectives- i.e. peaceful, quiet, completed.
What are your favorite nouns?
10 comments:
My favorite noun is proper: Grandma Camp.
Can't wait to see ya'll in July!
LoB
My favorite noun is David Silver. He's so precious to me.
Official Teacher Weighing In...
Homework is one of my least favorite nouns.
Homework = Hours & Hours of Grading
My favorite noun (as an Official Counselor as well) is VACATION.
WOOT!
Bob & I are having fun with this. Without hesitation, Bob said children & I said family. Then we went on to think of others in the running -- car, wheels, books, games, puzzels, home, food, chocolate, Montana, Flathead Lake and some interesting others!
Mine is photograph, but I think of adjectives first, and words that go along with Phogograph, like "FAMILY" photo b/c that = memories, and it's rare to get Steven to sit for a GOOD family phogograph. "Good" is an adjective though.
I also like friends in photos and wish I had a lot more from freshman year.
I'm going to go ahead and answer for my fam in case you're wondering b/c this is fun.
Steven: sleep (he's napping)
Dylan (3): creatures (any if I'll start talking about them.)
Isaac (1): milk
OK Rob ~ Yes, to your teacher homework is a noun but to me it was always a very nasty VERB ~ work work work as in, "I'm homeworking my life away!" :-) Just wait until you became a Senior!
So it's 12 am and I'm thinking that my favorite Noun/verb is:
Sleep/sleeping
But if I were to answer this in the morning my top three would be:
Chocolate
Chocolate
and of course
Chocolate!
(and no Emm & Sue I did not forget DP ~ I've just given it up for the moment. I can't encourage my brain which is saying run to the store and buy some!)
i would have to say....medicine!!!:P
Who is David Silver
Hey Briggs Clan- It was so fun to see some of you in Montana last month. Emmy, you mentioned my blog and so I am commenting to all of you... We had to go private due to a couple of crazy's but would love for any of you to view it if you want.
Just email me your email address so that I can send you an invitation. april-briggs@comcast.net
April
Post a Comment