It has been a long time gone and I have been promising Emmy for the last 3 months that as soon as summer vacation came I would be posting everyday. I have not really been keeping up with that promise but one post at least is a step in the right direction. Carter and I both had pretty long years at school this year so when they asked if I wanted to work summer school this year the answer was a resounding "Hell No!" and when Carter was asked if he wanted to go to the Y camp unfortunately he answered the same way. (We are still working on the manners thing.) I am now understanding why everyone calls teaching the best part time job you can have as I look forward to ten weeks of paid vacation hanging out with my kids and cleaning the house by making piles of junk on Kalin's desk which she then has to organize and clean after she gets home from work and school. Here are some pictures from the first week of summer vacation. Carter and I are reading and studying some of the magic tree house books this summer and our first week we read "Afternoon on the Amazon" and went on some Amazon Adventures (the L.A. Zoo with Amber, Duece, and Rico-the Santa Monica Beach with the new wagon, cooler, and umbrella I got for my birthday and some trips to Aunie's in search of Air Conditioning and Panda's who know Kung Fu.)Here are the pictures.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Daddy Boot Camp Week 1 - Amazon Adventures
It has been a long time gone and I have been promising Emmy for the last 3 months that as soon as summer vacation came I would be posting everyday. I have not really been keeping up with that promise but one post at least is a step in the right direction. Carter and I both had pretty long years at school this year so when they asked if I wanted to work summer school this year the answer was a resounding "Hell No!" and when Carter was asked if he wanted to go to the Y camp unfortunately he answered the same way. (We are still working on the manners thing.) I am now understanding why everyone calls teaching the best part time job you can have as I look forward to ten weeks of paid vacation hanging out with my kids and cleaning the house by making piles of junk on Kalin's desk which she then has to organize and clean after she gets home from work and school. Here are some pictures from the first week of summer vacation. Carter and I are reading and studying some of the magic tree house books this summer and our first week we read "Afternoon on the Amazon" and went on some Amazon Adventures (the L.A. Zoo with Amber, Duece, and Rico-the Santa Monica Beach with the new wagon, cooler, and umbrella I got for my birthday and some trips to Aunie's in search of Air Conditioning and Panda's who know Kung Fu.)Here are the pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAHOO!!! Imagine our surprise to find new blogs from someone whose initials are neither E or S! Gorgeous shots of beautiful grandchildren is the most exciting bonus - and other cute folks as well.
Looks like the first week of Daddy camp was a great success - keep up the good work Carter & Loren and try not to load up Kalin's desk.
So so CUTE!!! I love the picture of Jamison sharing his treats with Molly in the stroller! Looks like Daddy Camp is a success!
Post a Comment