"The Frog Prince" was a fun read. I have been meaning to read this one for quite awhile since it is popular with my students. Of course I loved the heroine of this story. She was independent and self-sufficient. The story was cute and I can see why Lisa would recommend it.
I also read Mom's pick of "The Eleventh Man." I really loved this book. It was heartbreaking but really well written. Ivan Doig either really gets me or I can't make it past the first page. I was glad this was one of his page turners for me. The story was compelling and even though I knew how it was going to end I kept hoping for the best. It also made me think of an article I read in the summer issue of the Montana Quarterly about the price Montana always pays in human lives during war. It talked about both WWII and the Iraq War and the numbers are shocking. If you haven't already you should definitely pick up both the book and the article.
Sadly, I made it through the first 10 chapters of "Glory in the Name" before I had to return it to the library because I was leaving for Montana. I hope everyone else made it through a couple of these books and is willing to share your thoughts! Hope to hear from you soon.
1 comment:
Great job on using the library - that's as good as reading Grandma's book. I've been reading light literature all month and really enjoying it -- will have to get going on the book club. Imagine you'll be very busy next three months with class - any page turners to share in that area??
Anne - please post a short one about your health report - have had many inquiries.
Post a Comment