Mostly I can't wait to get back home to Omaha and be with my team!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Taj Mahal Trip
As I come into the last few days of my second trip to India, I am still amazed by many of the things I have seen. One of my favorites was the Taj, which we went to see last Saturday. The Taj is in Agra, which is a 10 hour round trip car ride from Delhi. Most of the car ride is like playing a driving video game since the roads are not great, the traffic is heavy, and there are pretty much no laws. The Taj was actually built as a burial place for the king's third wife (1600s) and her sarcophagus is still in the building. It is made of beautiful white marble with inlaid semi precious stones. All the carving in the marble to insert the stones was done by hand. I have added a few pictures so you can get a better view.
Mostly I can't wait to get back home to Omaha and be with my team!

Mostly I can't wait to get back home to Omaha and be with my team!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WOW!! You have been so lucky to see so much of the world. I think this is a place we all know and wish we could see it in person - a place that is so much more than the wonderful pictures. I'm thinking the Great Wall woud be the same.
Enjoying my time in Nebraska. You have a great family and we thank you for the great care you take of them.
Very cool! Wish I was there with you. I have a picture of me standing next to the Taj Mahal built out of Legos but I have a feeling seeing the real thing might be a little more impressive.
LoB
Wow Mark! You are really getting to check the sites of your list... although a 10 hour car trip doesn't sound so appealing!
Emmy, does a two hour car trip appeal to you? I think 10 hours would be worth it, but I'm not sure I could handle the "no real traffic laws" on the drive.
Post a Comment