Monday, January 19, 2009

What I did this for winter break?


Here is what I did for my break... in reverse order.

1.  I went for a road trip with these yahoos!  We all piled in that van on New Years Day to visit Grandpa Hugh in Utah.  We giggled alot.  Although by the end of the trip I think everyone was ready to be out of the car with me.  I don't understand why... don't I look like a fun little traveler?

2.  I saw old friends.  I stayed the night with Cami, in her super adorable apartment in Provo.  Seriously if you are thinking of redecorating you should fly this girl out for help.  Betsey and family were also in town so we were all able to meet for lunch.  Josh came down from Salt Lake and Matt and Andria joined us as well.  I have yet to meet better people to just spend a whole day chit chatting with.  Too bad Tiffany and Amber couldn't be there... maybe next year!
3.  I rang in the New Year with Grandma and Pom Pom.  We had a great time over my break playing hours and hours of gin.  I'm sure you can guess who won.
4.  I saw Britt and Tyro for one night only.  That is followed with a sad face.  It was nice seeing them the day after Christmas.  They both look great!  And we had fun playing games.
5.  I was entertained by Chloe.  She is the best little talker in the world and there is nothing cuter then hearing her say your name.  Here she is with her "Baka."  That same night Sandy and Bob schooled us at "Don't forget the lyrics."  I was under the impression that all songs had ten lines that went something like this, "do-da-la-la-do-do-do-la-da."  They actually have words... actual words... can you believe that?  Not only that but Bob and Sandy know them all.
6.  I hung out with Maddie... and Spencer (I just don't have a pic demonstrating this in such a cute manner.)  By the way, never, never, never play Gossip Girls: The Game with your Mom and Uncle.  Never.
7.  I read by this tree and enjoyed the fire while a real Montana winter took place outside.
8.  I spent Christmas morning with these two.  It was nice and quiet.  And I was spoiled... Thank Moms and Pops.  We also played hours and hours of Cities and Knights.

9.  I was amazed by Mom's cooking and baking.  This is an ice-cream cake.  That she made from scratch.  That was awesome.  Mainly I am putting this picture up for my sister and brother.  We tend to not believe Mom when she tells us on the phone that she has been doing some "fancy cooking."  I witnessed it.  She really is.

I had a wonderful break and was sad to leave Montana and all the peeps I love there!

3 comments:

Susan said...

WE MISS YOU SO MUCH!!! It was a great break. Busy week with next three days in Helena, home for a day then off to Omaha for a week. just picked up a blackberry so am trying to figure it out. Will post soon. Thanks for the ok you might cook!!

Tiffany Feger said...

Looks like you had such a fun time. I agree, maybe next year. We should be more organized in planning something. I can't believe that'a an ice cream cake. Your mom was such a good cook when I visited, but it looks like she's getting even better. Is that possible? I've never attempted a regular cake from scratch, buch less a fancy one.

I miss you and your parents!
-Tiff

Anonymous said...

Looks/sounds like a great break!!!
Jealousy is flowing from me!If that's a homeade ice cream cake I'm a horrible scratch ice cream cake maker!
-ROBBY ROBERT