Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Girl Scout Cookie Time!!!





I might be stealing a post from Anne but I am totally out of postable ideas and I've got cookies on the brain. Kalin told me she just e-mailed the Fuller ladies with our cookie order and I just can't stop thinking of anything but us opening a long sleeve of Thin Mints and going crazy, like Cookie Monster crazy. Out of respect for Girl Scout Cookie time and our family's long history with the Girl Scouts (mom has a 50 year pin or something) I have changed the organization of the month to the Girl Scouts, so check out the website, get ahold of the Fullers, and embrace your love of the cookie.

LoB

6 comments:

emmy said...

I love cookies and Girls Scouts!! Yummy! This also made me think of my fabulous trip to Savannah and the tour of the Juliet Gordon Low House with my own adorable girl scouts.

Mark said...

Seems the girl scouts are feeling the pinch in the economy as well. I read online an aritcle that said Girl scout cookie boxes will contain 4-6 less cookies each so GSA can cover its costs without raising the price per box. I support them, but ouch!

Amber Ayres said...

I love girl scout cookie time! but have you noticed they renamed Samoas? They're called carmel delites now, same cookie though, just new name, weird. Maybe the Samoans wanted some of the proceeds or something and the girl scouts didn't want a law suit? who knows yummmmmmy in my tummy.

Anne said...

Actually, Samoas have always been called Carmel deLites at the ABC bakers. GSUSA contracts with two bakers (Little Brownie & ABC) it just depends on where you live as to which baker you get and therefore, what the cookies are called.

Susan said...

Thanks for featuring G.S. this month Loren. Your Dad once told me as we loaded up for another big adventure with at least 20 "other people's kids" that if I was cut I would bleed green.

Many many of my best memories are about G.S., mostly thanks to the best two leaders in the world - Fay McCraken and Mom.

I'm totally with you on the thin mints!!!

The Bob Briggs Family said...

This is so funny - Briggett just bought some boxes from a little Girl Scout that comes to the NIC softball camps. Brig decided she was a well-rounded girl if she was a Girl Scout and a softball player!

The Other Aunt Emm