Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Inpiration comes in all forms...including WIGS!!

I am not a fan of Halloween. All of you that know me are well aware of my distaste for this scary holiday. I do like candy. I don't like walking around begging for it. I figured out at a fairly eary age that I could avoid all the dressing up and walking and enjoy all the treats Mom had purchased (the night of the 31st, otherwise it was eaten before the big day). I have not dressed up since 4th grade...I did go out with a bang though. (Does everyone remember the awesome backboard with the b-ball going through the hoop?) Well...for the past two weeks the kids have been asking me if I am dressing up for Halloween. I have of course scoffed and asked if they are crazy. Last night I was on a shopping adventure with my roommate, Betty, when it hit me. Out of nowhere...the most beautiful blonde wig I have ever seen. I have spent my life dreaming of hair like this and finally there it was and for only $15. I had to have it. I knew this wig would come in handy for karaoke and birthday parties but I needed more immediate justification. So I bit the bullet and decided...I am coming out of Halloween retirement, with the most cliche costume possible. Wish me luck (I am nervous!) And believe me pictures will follow...

3 comments:

Susan said...

Great Job Teacher. It is time for you to come out of retirement for the entertainment of all. Be sure to post pictures. I am one of three judges at UMW contests tomorrow but have opted out of a costume since it is Pre. Dennison's annual visit to Western. A good excuse - not sure what i can use next year. Happy Halloween to all!!!

Just2CUsmile said...

...hit me, baby, one more time... ;)

Tiffany Feger said...

I'm ready!