
So it seems the Idaho crew needs to get with the blogging, eh? My back is getting kinda sore from carrying Brendan on these postings!--totally kidding, my dear sweet husband works very hard and doesn't have the time to post--but we will both get better about doing it.
Anyway, the IF briggs crew has been so busy, but we are missing everyone. We had the privilege of staying home this past weekend and it was FABULOUS! (not that seeing the griz play and seeing everyone each weekend isn't awesome too, but we had not been home in a month). We literally did nothing and enjoyed every moment of it :) I really wanted to go see the new Sean Penn movie, Into the Wild, but it has either missed our little city or is not coming, or will be coming soon? I am confused about the logistics of it as it says it is "now playing' on the movie website, but we don't have it at any of our theatres. Did anyone see it---it looks so good! I saw Sean Penn on Oprah talking about it and I can't wait to see it.
ALso, I am interning at an alternative high school at night (brendan says he always hears the "Dangerous Minds" soundtrack playing in his head when I go to work) and really enjoying it. I get to see some of my old students from the junior high and the kids have been great--speaking of school.....I need ideas for a Halloween costume so hit me with some good ones....I am thinking Cruella De Vil. My friend has a "spotted coat" and I think it could be fun, although maybe a little too scary for first graders? Let me know some options :)
8 comments:
I'm with you on having a weekend at home doing nothing - it is a great respite from our crazy busy lives. Thanks for catching us up on the IF briggs crew and i'm proud of all our brave teachers in intersting schools - you are so needed. Good luck with Halloween -i'm just not good with it and i have to judge the UMW office contest and costume contest this year. YIKES! Love to you both - we think the world of you.
i like the costume idea. we are having a halloween door decorating contest at school. i presented my homeroom with two ideas. (please excuse the cheese factor. fellow teachers will understand) the first is "batty about reading," with little bats and pictures of them reading during homeroom. the second one is "we are bootiful," -ghosts with their faces. I obviously was leaning towards the reading one. much to my chagrin they voted for the ghost idea. now i am forced to make up a lie about why we can't do that. am i an evil teacher?
no you are not an evil teacher - and i gave you many valid reasons as to why the 'boo-tiful' theme is not going to work (says the totally unbiased judge lol)
In my long course of dealing with children I have learned not to give them an option that I am not behind- I would have just done the batty one and not given them an option, and no you aren't a bad teacher.
Jenna- Cruella is an awesome costume and the first graders will probably love it. If you'd come up with Wicked Witch of the West I doubt the response would be as enthusiatic. Wish you were here to teach my babies. (Natch- that comment goes for all our lovely teachers on the blog).
anne
Emmy--do "Reading is Boo-tiful" and combine the two ideas?-jenna
I hope Brendan is not complaining about having a little Coolio stuck in his brain. Jenna and Brendan are one of my hero couples and this post shows why. She is teaching crazy kids all day and then teaching crazy older kids at night. Unbelievable. I am going to introduce Jenna and Brendan to Betsey and Richard and within a half an hour I bet they would have this global warming thing kicked and would be brainstorming ideas on how to achieve peace in the middle east all while baking a batch of yummy cookies to share with the homeless. Keep up the good work.
LoB McCheesy
Sorry to break up the conversational tone of this comment board, let me get it back to that. I love the Cruella costume idea, I can't believe Emmy actually gave her homeroom options on the door thing. That must be why all the kids like her better. My kids worked on the door all homeroom today (as long as they were completely quiet, did not ask any questions or make any suggestions) and I still haven't told them the theme of the door. I am the EVIL TEACHER! (insert sound of kids screaming here.)
i am feeling some real frustration with this whole door thing!! apparently you are not allowed to think outside the box when it comes to holiday door decorating. i can't believe the harassment i have endured from fellow teachers! you should also know that if something is about halloween it MUST include spiderwebs and skeletons.
Post a Comment