Tuesday, December 11, 2007

BCS-Briggs Championship Series

I thought I would give you all a chance to take some of your blog points you have been working so hard for and double, triple, maybe even quadruple them. (Or you could lose them all together.) It is time for the Briggs Championship Series. Here is how this is going to work; I am going to pick 10 games per week in all manner of events going on that week, you can chose which game or games you want to gamble your blog points on and how many blog points you would like to gamble on each event. Comment your picks and blog points gambled by Wednesday, December 19th. Here are the matchups of the week. Good Luck.
College Football:
Thursday Dec. 20th-Utah vs Navy
Friday Dec. 21st-Memphis vs Florida Atlantic
Sat. Dec. 22nd-Southern Mississippi vs Cincinnati, Nevada vs New Mexico, & UCLA vs BYU
Sunday Dec. 23rd-Boise St. vs East Carolina

College Basketball:
Thursday Dec. 20th-Duke at Pittsburgh

NFL:
Sunday Dec. 23rd-Tampa Bay at San Francisco
Monday Dec. 24th-Denver at San Diego

Pop Culture
Alvin and the Chipmunks vs I am Legend

6 comments:

The Bob Briggs Family said...

I thought I should be the first to make my picks so you all can see how this will work.
Utah-3 points
Memphis-1 point
Cincinnati-5 points
New Mexico-1 point
BYU-2 points
Boise State-21 points
Pittsburgh-8 points
Tampa Bay-13 points
San Diego-21 points
I am Legend-13 points

Those are the teams I have picked to win each matchup and next to that is the number of blog points I am wagering. You may notice that I am wagering more blog points than I actually have-what can I say gambling is an addiction. You do not have to bet on all the games if you do not want to and you can gamble how ever many points you feel comfortable with. For example if you feel really comfortable that Pitt will crush Duke because Duke is full of a bunch of whiny, spoiled, girly men you could gamble your whole pot on that one game.

Mark said...

Now you are talking - I have been have withdrawls waiting for March madness. As Little John says in Robin Hood, "My what a beautiful brawl!"

Here are the picks:

Utah - 5 points
Florida Atlantic - 2 points
Cincinnati - 5 points
Nevada - 2 points
BYU - 40 points!!!!
Boise State - 5 points
Duke - 5 Points
Tampa Bay - 5 points
Denver - 10 points
Alvin - 1 point

Not being quite up in the professional gambler league with LoB, I had to leave myself a enough points for cab fare in case I lose them all!

bob said...

Hi - I would like to make a bet for this weekend. I want to use some of my blog points on San Francisco but I want points at 3 to 1 odds - if i can get the spread I'll bet 10 points.

emmy said...

I am going to make only to wagers. And then see what Pom Pom chooses and bet for the same thing.
My Picks:

I Am Legend-50 Points
BYU-5 Points

I would wager more on BYU but as I have to work three times as hard to earn buncher points I need to be a bit frugal. I clearly have been put on a budget by my brother.

emmy said...

when i typed "to" in the first paragraph I really meant two. thank you.

bob said...

To begin this blog,do you know why Salt Lake can not have an NFL football team? If they were given a team, Denver would want one too. I think I should get a lot of points for that joke. On to the business a hand.
Utah-1 point
BYU-15 points(because I don't have enough to put more on this wonderful team)
Boise St-3 points
Duke-1 point(see above comment about BYU)
SF over Tampa Bay-2 points(I think you should give me at least 3 to 1 odds)
Let the games begin.
Bob