Monday, December 10, 2007

Buncher of the Month

A couple of months ago I put an assignment on the blog (the heart project) and I told everyone if they completed the assignment they would be given 100 blog points. Anne being the superstar student that she is completed her heart and posted it and has been patiently waiting for her reward of 100 points. The rest of you apparently thought the blog points were meaningless and chose to take the incomplete on the assignment. Well look who is getting the last laugh now. If you look to your right on the blog screen I have finally gotten around to awarding Anne her blog points for completing the heart project and it put her currently in the lead to win the first buncher of the month award. In response to Emmy's call for more competition in order to increase commenting and interest I have chose to reward those briggybunchers who have put the most out there every month. Mom now has a carrot when she makes her calls for thanksgiving and halloween pictures and posts (blog points). Emmy can now offer up a certain number of blog points for comments on how cool she is. I can begin awarding blog points for recipes I need or fulfill my dreams of being a bookie by gambling blog points on sporting events (is anyone interested in a bowl pool?). So you may be wondering what is in it for me? What do I get for being buncher of the month? If you look to the right just on top of where the standings are you will see a slideshow has been setup showing various pictures of Tom Selleck. By winning buncher of the month you would have control of the top slide show for the entire month. Obviously the current slide show is meant as an example of one Bob might put up if he was buncher of the month. Other prizes may follow (I have heard talk of a bright orange t-shirt that reads it is hard to be humble when your from Montana.) If you look to the right you will notice that even though Anne is the only one who has completed an actual assignment with stated blog points attached I have out of the goodness of my heart awarded some bunchers with points for the good work they have done so far on the blog. You were all rewarded these points very systematically, and sciencetifically for the following reasons.
Anne-Her points for the heart project (nice work)
Briggett-Her points for having her picture next to her profile when she comments (very high tech
Brittany-Points for calling for a party with bunny sip (genius)
Ms. Reyes-Points for bringing me cupcakes the other day.
Jenna-Points for best Cruella DeVil costume.
Emmy-Points for starting the blog and having the best labels.
Loren-Enough points so I am ahead of Emmy.
Mom-Points for being are inspirational leader.
Aunt Emm-Points for the amount of time spent contemplating LoB and Emmy's nerdiness.
Kalin-Points for being Emmy's personal ombudsman.
Jamo-Points for having the best dance moves on the blog.
Emma-Points for being our bravest hospital patient.
Brendan-Points for beating that punk kid in the Idaho Falls Marathon.
Carter-Points for being our youngest poster.
Robbie-Points for having the best birthday face.
Lisa-Points for being a scientist in an unscientific family.
Chloe-Points for being the cutest pumpkin in the history of pumpkins
Aunt Alice-Points for being our commenter from farthest distance.
Mark-Points for starting a radio station and bringing the blog Alf.
Cody-Points for surviving the elevator.
Molly-Points for being her daddy's little princess.
Bobarian-Points for having the post that most resembled a postcard.
Team Hawkins-Points for being my hero.
Tyro-Points for being tall.
The Fegers-Points for asking what we were all afraid too, "What is bunny sip?"
I am about to award myself 10 more points for longest post in history. Remember the competition is not over. Dedicate yourself, Just do it, you can't change the past but you can change the future. Good Luck and may the best buncher win.

6 comments:

Just2CUsmile said...

Mr. Briggs,

Thank you for the wonderful distribution of points :) (next time, you're getting a cake :D )

oh and i seem to remember seeing Emmy's heart project...? Did i miss the scan (and her points) for it?

~ Ms. Reyes

The Bob Briggs Family said...

It's on like Donkey Kong!

Jenna and Brendan

emmy said...

where to begin...where to begin...i don't want to seem like i am complaining about my amazing 58 points here but...
1.) yes, ms. reyes you did see my heart project. i turned it in to loB (since i am not all fancy shmancy and do not have a scanner.) loB promised to scan it for me...what followed is an incident i like to refer to as "the time loren threw my heart in the garbage." i have some of my emo kids working on a poem with that title.
2.) if aunt emm gets points just for thinking about how nerdy i am, shouldn't i get points for having to actually live with myself day to day?
3.) ummm starting the blog is only with 50 points? really?
4.) i MADE you pumpkin whoopie pies and blogged about it. come on now.
5.) (i will stop here although there really is a lot more i could say) i think it is highway robbery that tyro only got 10 points for being tall...that is worth at least 15!

The Bob Briggs Family said...

What a suprise Jenna and Brendan accept the challenge and the points they were awarded (no complaints), Ms. Reyes thanks me for the points I awarded her (no complaining), and then we get to Emmy's comments. Let me address her numerous complaints one by one. (I know we are all suprised Emmy would complain about how unfair her lot in life is.)
1. The assignment clearly stated post your heart project for 100 points if you do not post you do not get the blog points because the assignment never made it to the BLOG. (I am looking forward to hearing the song, our emo kids are very talented.
2. I actually did award you points for living with your nerdiness but then you lost an equal amount of points because of how much of your nerdiness those people that come in contact with you every day have to deal with.
3. I actually awarded you 100 points for starting the blog but then you lost half credit because you didn't follow through with the first post, someone we now know as loB actually did that.
4. Good point I wil investigate this further and see about amending the point total on that count. (See how fair I can be, I am great.)
5. I think it is obvious that I gave Tyro one point for every foot of altitude he possesses. Clearly Tyro is not 15 feet tall that would be a record or something. Everyone else seems to have understood this, get with the program here, Emmy. (I did not have Tyro's exact measurements but 10 feet tall seemed about right-feel free to correct me if I am wrong and I will admend the points accordingly.)

The Bob Briggs Family said...

Two additions to the list of Bunchers:
The Walls- 6 Points for humoring Emmy during her week long celebration.
Mr. Gamboa aka. the Computer Guy-13 Points for all the technical support.

Susan said...

I agree with Emmy -- where to begin!!
As a buncher (assume you claim that word LoB) I'm (yes Emmy) LOL.
As a mom I'm -"ok kids, be sweet & kind, everything isn't a competition (I'm already hearing the "Oh Moms" in exasperated voices)
As Susie sunshine I'm like everyone who has agreed to put themselves out on this blog should get lots of points - we are all fabulous!!
As a reader I'm thinking of a few other blog highlights to be considered for points ---
the bunny sip recipe
prosecter's and defendent's excellent closing arguments in the Montana Card case
Soccer essay
Griz Wear photos
motherhood video clip
faithful commenting by blog founder

And i could go on and on as could each of us -- Good luck oh you two black book bookies.