Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Stuck in an Elevator

I know you all think that only happens in books and movies, however we discovered last night that is not true. Mark was bringing the other three kiddos to see Emma in the hospital when, they elevetor stopped between the second and third floor. Mark called security and they said they'd send someone- ten minutes later they were all a little restless. The older two were counting down the emergancy beeps between the tinned lady saying "Please stand clear of the closing doors" (every 10 beeps), my dinner was getting cold, and Cody was getting worried that they would be stuck in the elevator until they died- so Mark called security again. Security informed him that maintanace was working on the problem and that there was an officer outside the doors (which was certainly very helpful). The kiddos heard someone outside the elevator say, "That one is stuck- good thing no one is in it" so they started ringing the little bell and shouting- "Oh I guess someone is in there!" stated the genious ouside the door.

Five minutes after the second call to security the elevator moved and opened on the third floor. Cody raced out of the elevator and threw his arms around the officer's legs and said, "Thank you for getting us out of there." The whole rest of the night Cody told everyone, "We got stuck in the elevator and the police got us out."

Emma's tech's advice, "Hey Cody, take the stairs."

3 comments:

Susan said...

Seems like the WHOLE family was very brave - being stuck in an elevator is one of those things you really don't like to think about. Anyone else have stuck stories??

Tell cody we are very very glad he was saved!!

emmy said...

Your story gave me a panic attack!! I hate small spaces and I am convinced every time I get in the elevator at work that it is going to shut down. It happened last year to one of the other teachers. I'm sure most of you have already heard my classic stuck in the bathroom story. It is funny now, but I definitely was not laughing when it happened. Hopefully Cody won't be dealing with P.T.S.S. like Carter still is. He still doesn't like to shut the bathroom door when it goes!!

emmy said...

Clearly that last line is supposed to read, "He still doesn't like to shut the bathroom door when HE goes!" I really need to learn how to edit before I post.