10 Reasons why I, Betty should get some points:
1. I'm super funny, ask Emmy.
2. I'm posting on this blog, and It's an actual post and not a mere comment.
3. If you think about it, I'm practically family. I mean, I live with Emmy. I'm pretty sure Sue loves me and Bob will too as soon as he meets me. I'm certain of it.
4. Speaking of Emmy, I repeat, I live with her. That in it of itself should give me bonus points.
5. I agree with LoB when he says, "I have the authority!"
6. Did I mention, I'm funny? You may already be getting that.
7. Though, I've never personally baked any pastries, I was in the room when Emmy baked the pumpkin whoopie pies and was the premier taste tester.
8. I've been pictured on the blog.
9. Though Emmy and I hosted a Christmas tree trimming party, I actually trimmed the tree myself. I'd give Molly some credit.
10. Umm, my b-day is tomorrow. Feel free to send birthday wishes my way.
I thank you for your consideration and I look forward to you response.
Sincerely,
Betty or if you prefer, Ms. Tran
4 comments:
Clearly this was a horrible oversight by the fact checking department (Emmy), Ms. Tran has appeared on this blog numerous times and as she has so elequently stated deserves some points. The question then is how many? Lets look at the points she make and award points based on those-1. "I am funny"-I personally would love to award you many points for being funny but Emmy is already developing a negative self image for how poorly her humor translates to the blog and therefore asked me not to award points based on people being funny or cool as that would leave her at a definite disadvantage. Sorry. Point #1-0 points.
2. "Posting not commenting"-very good point i love the posts (not to say i don't love the comments.) Points awarded-1/4 of a point
3. "Practically family"-Great point. In fact Kalin and I are currently in the process of trying to adopt you (though Carter is a little nervous at the prospect of sharing his bunkbed with someone other than the 734 stuffed animals and toys that currently reside there.) Points awarded-5
4. "Lives with Emmy"- This point for sure deserves points (believe me I know) but as most of the people on the blog have had to deal with Emmy so if I started awarding points for that the point totals would inflate across the board rendering them meaningless and making a mockery of the sanctity of this competition. Points awarded-0
5. "I have the authority"-I love this one because clearly I do. Points awarded-4
6. "I am funny"-This has been addressed. Again I apoligize for my sisters issues. Points awarded-0
7. "Whoopie pies"-I give you full credit for these wonderful treats which is why I did not award Emmy any points for them. Points awarded-6
8. "Pictured on the blog"-Great point, great pictures. Points awarded-5 points.
9. "Trimmed the tree"-The tree looked great, but you lose points for shoving jamison out of the way in your desire to put on the last ornament.-Points awarded--5
10. "Its my birthday"-Enough said. Points awarded-10
I also thought you deserved some bonus points for putting Pheobe Cates as your icon last year. Bonus Points awarded 40 points.
Grand Total-65 1/4 points
"Its my birthday"-Enough said. Points awarded-10
Does this mean that I, Mr. Gamboa also get 10 points seeing that today is my birthday too???
Consider it done.-10 points and a happy birthday Mr. Gamboa.
I'm uncomfortable with people going by Ms. and Mr. on the blog. If we know you well enough that you post or comment on the blog, I think we can dispense with the titles.
Post a Comment