Thanks to Uncle Steve, Bob, Ben and me!! Steve and Bob gave me the opportunity to go put some days in volunteering for the Obama campaign. We flew out to Colorado thinking we would spend three days knocking on doors reminding people to get out the vote. We did canvas for 2 days. It was an interesting experience for a chicken like me. It is encouraging to see how friendly people are in general, but I definitely know now that I was not meant to be a traveling saleswoman. We hit the jackpot as the Obama campaign announced that he would stop in Denver on the Sunday that we were in town. Steve, Ben, and I attended a training on Saturday night to volunteer at the event. Steve and I went down early Sunday morning to start our work. It was wonderful talking to the diverse crowd that gathered in front of the capitol building. Bob and Ben joined us as we went in to the rally. Our volunteer passes got us far!! We were so close and the speech was amazing! Thank you Steve and Bob for taking me to see THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Colorado is Blue...
Thanks to Uncle Steve, Bob, Ben and me!! Steve and Bob gave me the opportunity to go put some days in volunteering for the Obama campaign. We flew out to Colorado thinking we would spend three days knocking on doors reminding people to get out the vote. We did canvas for 2 days. It was an interesting experience for a chicken like me. It is encouraging to see how friendly people are in general, but I definitely know now that I was not meant to be a traveling saleswoman. We hit the jackpot as the Obama campaign announced that he would stop in Denver on the Sunday that we were in town. Steve, Ben, and I attended a training on Saturday night to volunteer at the event. Steve and I went down early Sunday morning to start our work. It was wonderful talking to the diverse crowd that gathered in front of the capitol building. Bob and Ben joined us as we went in to the rally. Our volunteer passes got us far!! We were so close and the speech was amazing! Thank you Steve and Bob for taking me to see THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know that we aren't part of the Briggy Bunch- but we do LOVE!!!! Anne and Marko! We have a little post on our blog because it was Stan's birthday and it has a picture of a young Mark on there. Thought it would be a walk down memory lane for you all.
Convince Anne to post some pictures on here soon! (we are in your favorite links on the side -Stan and Jenny Fuller)
You most definitely are part of the Briggy Bunch! Thanks for commenting! Can we get more comments? Yes, We Can!!
Great job! Thanks for the shirt. I proudly wore it to the courthouse for jury duty and to the celebratory not depressipatory (this word has been patented by Kalin) celebration on election.
LoB
LoB - don't even try to pin that ridiculous depressipatory word on me. You and I both know that's totally your word.
Post a Comment