Thursday, November 13, 2008

Haven't these people ever heard of a little light reading?

As you can see this month's book selections have been posted.  Upon reading the new choices LoB (our most dedicated book club member) asked the following, "Have these people never heard of a little light reading?"  I'm sorry LoB.  This is what happens when you ask four brilliant ladies what they are currently reading.  On a side note, I am currently reading Twilight... again... in preparation for the movie.  Yes, Twilight is a book about vampires... and teen romance... oh, and werewolves.  It does have the worst written dialogue ever and oozes cheesiness, but I can't seem to help myself.  In other words readers of the Briggy Bunch be glad that I am not the one recommending the monthly selection.  Happy Reading!  I look forward to wonderful posts and comments about these excellent selections.  

6 comments:

Susan said...

Next time i think the men should have a go at the four generation bookclub. Yes, I did read Twilight this summer. I'm just finishing Three Cups of Tea and it is a facinating story - do read if you haven't yet!!! Mom and I are recovering from the BIG BIRTHDAY BASH - it was wonderful.

emmy said...

Mom... i can't remember the name of the book PomPom recommended. something about tall pine?? can you help me out?

Susan said...

I think i is called Tall Timber Pilots. I'll check on the author. It may be out of print - its about the early Johnson Flying service. Dad really enjoyed it.

Mark said...

Lisa and I gave you light reading! My goal was to do something fictional and fun, then somehting nonfictional (does no fun then follow- guess what I like to read). I will be adding Tall timber Pilots to the list.

The Bob Briggs Family said...

Should be receiving the books in the mail today. I'm totally on Team Jacob. Edward is a cheeseball. Kalin started reading Twilight so it has kind of unofficially become a book selection of the month. I am already thinking about my choice for next month.

Kalin said...

I wish someone had warned me about the absolute cheesiness and horrible writing involved in Twilight. This woman makes romance writers look good! I think I'll have to do a post soon that includes some of my favorite passages!