Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful day.
The question of the day is - did you all send Brittany to us because you are afraid to come home yourselves and if so do you think you might need to come rescue her!!!
We are having a wondrful time -- Zac & Brit are great and fun to be around. Brit and i did beat the guys in one of the closest Canasta games ever. Man are they quick learners!! We have also partaken of some good eats both homemade and Papa T's. We've played Ticket to Ride, watched football -- all the usual holiday fun.
The worry is this crazy menopause madness that appears to have taken hold of my brian. At least that is what I hope it is -- Dad things it is just "potsie reduex".
First i drove hard right into the back of Zac's car when I pulled out in the pitch dark to go to United Way at 7:00 a.m. yesterday. Then Mom, who does not like almond extract and never uses it, decided to follow the recipe and put it in the sour cream pound cake. Bob Evans made a trip to IGA for Benadryl. We had hoped the maddness was over!
This morning Brittany made a wonderful sweet potato casserole I had been hoping to make from the current Cooking Light. She mixed it up, cleaned the kitchen, and it looked AWSOME. We were so excited to take it to the feast. We then started on the mashed potatoes. I filled the pot and turned on the stove, she was sitting at the counter peeling potatoes. I saw smoke I went "Oh NO' and started running to the stove --- at that moment the pyrex dish with the wonderful new casserole EXPLODED EVERYWHERE --- including showering Miss Brittany. Fortunately, her back was to the stove and no glass is imbedded in her head! Yes - i turned on the wrong burner. She is a little concerned for her life and curious on the motive of suggesting Sue's house for Thanksgiving.
We plan to have a very quiet visit from now on and Bob is hovering over Brittany. Zac reminded us its all about the story and this Thanksgiving will always be a great story. I'm a little worried about its improvements with age.
Hope you all are safe, well and have grateful hearts today.
3 comments:
I did some frauntie detective work and it appears that there was no conspiracy, just a typical day in the life of a sue houseguest! i'm sad i couldn't be there.
Tim and Briggett went to Bob and Sue's over the weekend and had a great time. They were appreciative for the nice warm beds and yummy food.
Thanks for taking care of them.
Emm
PS - As for the exploding dish - I did that last Thanksgiving only it was a crystal bowl.
I enjoyed myself when I as not fearing for my life! Zach and I had a wonderful time and it was a wonderful thanksgiving!
Post a Comment