Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Fun

The point of this post is to share pictures of the kids dressed up on Halloween but before I get to that, I wanted to share a funny picture of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. For the past couple of weeks they've been showing free movies in the park over at The Grove. Two weeks ago, Carter and I shared a picnic while we watched Ghostbusters and this guy made his attack on top of Nordstrom.

Last week, Loren, Carter and I got to watch Beetlejuice and we're really looking forward to the holiday movies they'll be showing in December next to one of the tallest Christmas trees in the country.

Anyway, for those who haven't seen the Halloween pictures, Molly was a busy trick or "feet"er, Jamison spent a lot of time walking backwards, and Carter was the serious (and sort of creepy) Anakin Skywalker. Hope everyone else had as much fun trick or "feet"ing as we did!


Tigger during a rare non-bouncing moment.


Tiny trick or treater on the move.

Anakin poses with his blue lightsaber (before he went to the dark side).

"I'm walking backwards."

After our fun night, Carter, Grandpa Bruce and Grandma Becky spent much of Saturday putting together one of the most intense Indiana Jones Lego sets ever. Check out the results below:

If you can't tell from my fabulous photos, this is the Temple of the Crystal Skull. The little guys in the last picture are Indiana Jones and Mutt Williams.

I'm sure Loren will express much Obama love in a later post but I just want to share my tremendous happiness (and relief) that Obama has been elected. Emmy, Loren and I now anxiously await the results of Proposition 8. We sincerely hope that Californians did the right thing today and voted NO!

3 comments:

Anne said...

You have cute little trick or treaters. I just thought I should share a Loren memory after reading about Jamo walking backward the majority of the time.

When we lived in Ogden (I think) and Loren was about 4 (I think it was first grade for me which would put Loren there) we were trick or treating with Mom in Grandma and Grandpa Briggs' neighborhood one VERY windy Halloween. Between every house Loren would run into the wind with his candy bag held up to catch the wind like a giant, loaded kite between every house. As his loaded candy bag would fill with wind (and start pulling at his arm because is was getting heavy) Loren would start yelling, "My candy, Mom, my candy" in panic that his candy would blow away. No amount of logic from mom, or example from his exemplary older sister woud convince Loren to hold his candy bag down out of the wind.

To this day, whenever any of our kids start panicing about something blowing away in the wind Mark and I will call, "My candy, Mom, my candy" because experience has taught us that it is useless to reason with them.

Anyway, now we know where the genes come from that convinced Tigger to walk backwards thoughout the evening.

Kalin said...

Loren is still very protective of sweets. When we lived in Dillon, he was sitting in an old lawn chair eating a donut. The chair broke in half and he started to fall but he was more worried about holding on to the donut. His amazing agility and tremendous love of donuts enabled him to save it. Very inspiring.

Susan said...

Thanks for posting the great Halloween pictures. Don't I have some of the CUTEST "feet"ers ever. The poodle skirt was beyond WOW.

Carter & grands - how did you do it - such an intricate and HUGE lego in beyond my duploc comprehension.

I was laughing remembering my precious boy kite with his Halloween candy - thanks for a memory reminder - made me think of many fun times with a young family up at G & G Briggs wonderful neighborhood and yard. Yes, i also had some of the cutes kids ever! I must say he comes by his love of sweets naturally -- both his parents are big sweet tooths.

hope to post on Four Days of Martha tonight - trying to figure out how to put picture on the blog.