I feel very grateful that I could be home over Christmas...especially this Christmas surrounded by so many loving family members remembering my wonderful Uncle. I keep thinking back to a fishing lesson along Indian Creek with Uncle Roy. I was about 13 and was grateful for his patience as he untangled my line from the willows about 20 times that afternoon. As we walked back to camp Uncle Roy told me how much I reminded him of Susie and how they had always been special fishing partners. I have been compared to mom for as long as I can remember but I don't think I let her know often enough that I truly consider this the ultimate compliment and I hope to be half the person she is someday. It was wonderful watching the Forrester/Davis cousins reunite and enjoy each others company (I won't recap all the events. Mom has pretty much covered it.)
The Cousins

The Mamas and The Papas (A little bit older but still totally rockin!!)

I just had to put this one in cause I think Bob and Sue look adorable...34 years of marriage!
3 comments:
I love that last picture of Bob and Sue! So cute!!
Here's an embarassing comment:
I know Bob and Sue in these pictures, but it's hard to keep track of all of the other people in this blog. I know some of the other points getters like Team Hawkins, but it's been years and years since I've seen the rest of you (besides Emmy).
My idea: (points to be determined I'm sure) is that each contributer/commenter should post pictures (or a link etc) to who they are and how they and their cute kids relate. I need a pictoral family tree. I've known your family, but now everyone's having babies. I'll go ahead and blame not getting it still on being pregnant b/c that's been a good excuse lately, but I'm a bit fuzzy on exactly how everyone fits together.
OK, I'll start, here's mine:
I'm not related, but I love your family. I went to BYU w/ Emmy and left before she did and before I graduated. Oops. We were room-mates our freshman year- a good year. The link to my blog is on the right of this one. Oh,and my first name is Tiffany. I've got lots of pics of myself on my blog.
First - Emmy you make your Momma cry - thanks for the beautiful words. Thanks for all your great spirit and help last month - you made it all work many times. Also thanks for posting all the pictures - so many special memories.
Second - Tiffany i like your idea about helping explain who we all are. The cousins picture is my sister Alice, brothers Steve & C.M. and the four cousins we grew up with (as in joined at the hips) Billy, Holly, Joyce & Jenny. Although a hard and sad time it was a joy to all be together again.
P.S. -- Speaking of cute kids - i really enjoy your blog!
Post a Comment