Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Flat Stanley



To My Dear Friends Carter, and Emma, Lisa, Robbie, and any other kiddos who are blogging,


My first graders are busy working on map skills and anxiously delving into the wonders that lie outside of our dear Idaho Falls. ID. We have just finished reading Flat Stanley ( a quick but wonderful read that I am sure you have already enjoyed but if not, be sure to check your library). The book is about a boy who is flattened by a bulletin board (one of my greatest fears...teachers, can I get an Amen!) and is able to be mailed to California. For our project, we are sending out our own Flat Stanley's to various parts of the US and I know you guys can help me. So, below you will find your very own Stanley to decorate (like any good California/Georgia kid would dress) and take him somewhere you think the kids would like to see or learn about. Be as creative as you like! If you take pictures with him you can email them to me and I will print them off to share with my class. If you can send Stanley himself back, we will lovingly add him to our map of the US with a marker of where he traveled from.



We have a classroom version, but for some reason it won't attach, so I am directing you to the on-line version of another class. My mailing address is:

Mrs. Jenna Briggs

Longfellow Elementary-1st grade

2500 S. Higbee

Idaho Falls, ID 83404


Carter, Emma, Lisa, Robbie and any other kid bloggers, I am counting on you ;) Have fun!


jenna
















3 comments:

Susan said...

What fun!!! Bloggers lets send Flat Stanleys from everywhere. And all my precious teachers, please stay away from bulletin boards unless you can mail yourself to Montana.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Briggs - I would like to know when our due date on this assignment would be. The neighbor girls and Timber are all over this project. We are hoping to get together this weekend to work on this assignment.

I would also like to let you all know that I know how Flat Stanley feels. I tried to flatten myself out by sprawling across University Avenue today on the ice today.

The Bob Briggs Family said...

Yeah! I am excited to have everyone join in (and to know that the Lolo crew is blogging!). Our ideal deadline would be two weeks, but we will accept them whenever you can get them in!--no points off for late papers, I am more of a softy than LoB :)

jenna