FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTT.
Wii(s) and Cheese
Last week Mr. Gamboa brought his Wii system down to our humble abode and even humbler T.V. (at least it is color) and we had a great time boxing, tennising, baseballing, olympicing, and rock staring. For any of you who have not played the Wii it really is like you are playing the games, I woke up sore in the morning (of course that is not saying much since any more I walk up a flight of stairs and I wake up sore in the morning.) Carter's favorite game was the Olympics Table Tennis competition I think because he beat me not once but twice. My favorite part of the night was the Guitar Hero competition and creating cracker designs with easy cheese. The saddest part was finding out that despite the fact that I have Rock Star good looks and moves my talent on the guitar is lacking. (I guess if I am ever going to make it big it will have to be as part of a boy band. So if your interested let me know, Bobarian? Brendan? Tyro?) I can't thank Mr. Gamboa enough and as he left he let me know that this was all about the blog points so look out mom even though your the only one posting you still have some competition. Here are some pictures
Smores and Snores
This week the fun night was an indoor camping trip. I was worried that after lego night and wii night smores and snores might not seem that cool to Carter but thanks to Mr. Burke, a science teacher at LBMS, who let me borrow his super high tech and easy to set up tent (think droopy the tent only it stays up) Smores and Snores turned out to be a great night. It is amazing that even in this era of technology something as simple as setting up a tent in your living room and playing games and reading ghost stories inside of it can still seem so magical to a kid (and his dad). Here are some pictures.
2 comments:
We made Smores this weekend too! I can't resist the combination of chocolate, graham crackers and marshmellow! They are better over a campfire, but will work in the microwave in a pinch!
I think that Loren should win teacher of the year for actually reading those student papers...crazy kids at LBMS!
I'm glad to hear that the Friday Family fun events are going strong! Keep up the good work guys!
I wrote a very long Mom comment yesterday afternoon that appears to have disappeared in outer space!? Where do you think it went.
Might be better because was clearly a Mom response so better distilled today.
Went like this:
1. Gushing about cute pictures and sweet grandchildren.
2. Double triple thumbs up about Fun Night - great ideas.
3. Short discussion about how import it is to spend this special time with the big brother in your very busy lives with jobs, school, two babies etc.
4. Double triple thumbs up about what great parents Lo & Kay have turned out to be.
5. Thanks to all who help also and enjoy the fun.
6. LOL at the history facts -
7. Discussion of how most were info just recorded in crazy ways - re-editing in order.
8. Discussion of how proud LoB should be both of his students and of himself. Know he will have 100s of rewards for the great work he is doing and lives he affects.
9. Bob is considering the Boy Band although his experience is in creating sad country songs with a dish towel on his shoulder helping in the kitchen. Is there room for his gorilla move?
Now aren't you glad you received the short version!! I wonder who is reading the first one?
Post a Comment