A couple of years ago Carter and I started an LA Briggs tradition called Friday Night Movie Night. Every Friday we would get a $5 pizza, pop some corn, and watch some flicks. The past couple of months the tradition has gotten a little stale with our Friday's consisting of Molly and Mommy falling asleep on the couch, me chasing Jamison around, and Carter left watching the movies by himself, so as a New Years Resolution Carter and I have revamped Friday Night Movie Night and made it over into Friday Night Fun Night. The first FNFN of the New Year was this Friday, Lego my Eggo Night. And that is exactly what we did we built Lego's and ate Eggo waffles. Auntie joined us and impressed us all with her skills on the Lego's building a Lego monkey, backhoe, and fire truck. Kalin and Carter combined their skills to create an elaborate Indiana Jones scene and today finished up a Star Wars spaceship with Carter claiming, "This "ship" is bananas." (Gwen Stephanie would be so proud.) Jamo and I quickly were kicked off the building table and spent most of the evening building abstract mega block contraptions and eating as many Eggo's and ice cream Sundas as we could get our hands on. It was a really fun night and we can't wait for next weeks family fun night though we need your help with a title for it. Emmy has convinced Mr. Gamboa, aka the computer guy, to let us borrow his Wii for the night and I think we should call the evening "Wii(s) and Cheese" and eat fondue and other assorted cheese items while the ladies are pushing a "Wii food night" a little (no pun intended) play on words where we eat mini foods and play the Wii. I have put a poll up so please vote for the night you think everyone would enjoy the most.
P.S.-I have also put up a poll for the championship game of the coolest thing ever. I realize this should have been posted 2 weeks ago and probably this tournament has run past its intended time frame but that does not change the fact that I need to now what is the coolest holiday thing ever-squeak or poetry.
P.S. redux-I also would like to make a note that on Tuesday I will be announcing the winner of the first Buncher of the Month award. All posts, comments, bets, and amazing items placed on the blog up to Monday at 11:59 p.m. will count toward this months total. Get your points in now people.
8 comments:
Lego my Eggo night was a hit! i'm so :( i missed it...
and Mr. Briggs, the spelling of Gwen STEFANI's name is truly B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
Wii is the best! You guys are going to have a blast! I think the mini food will be perfect. The Wii is a workout and the cheese will prevent you from doing as well as possible on the tennis and baseball :)
I vote for the wii(s) 'n cheese. Simply b/c I've been having a craving for fondu since I couldn't go to a fondu party the other weekend. If I had a big kitchen, then maybe I'd go for the fondu sets at those white elephant parties and I could do my own fondu. Have fun w/o me!
Creative family movie/Wii nights seem so fun. My cousin's friend has been doing it and I've been spying on her blog. The bottom of this post shows some notes and pics of one of their movie nights. http://heatherannmelzer.typepad.com/heather_anns_web_land/2007/12/a-holiday-first.html
and here's another one:
http://heatherannmelzer.typepad.com/heather_anns_web_land/2007/12/click-take-a-pi.html
MINI FOODS!! MINI FOODS!! Say it with me now...
really i just wanted to make a few comments
1. lego my ego night was excellent. thank you for including me.
2. i really wish you could see the backhoe i built as i think it really showcased my superior lego skill level.
3. brittany...i promise i am not letting my hair be that crazy all the time. it was raining in l.a. on friday night. most of you know that rain+my hair=the beautiful frizz you are seeing in the pics.
one more comment (and an additional 5 points!!)
4.) do you think i look a lot older in these pics? i feel like i look like i am 35ish here.
no you do not look 35 in the pic...i refuse to have anymore of my friends to have reasons to be in the winter of their lives...
and thumbs up to Brittany, who i think did Emmy's hair...? it looks GREAT! :)
Looks like a wonderful party - not sure it fits certain new year's resolutions - seemed like lots and lots of delicious toppings! I'm very impressed by the great lego creations - bob would have been invited to the table and i would have helped Jamo and Loren on the floor - problem is as Jamo grows it might just be Loren and Me on the floor doing mega blocks - does that fit with an electric fence?
keep up the great idea of family fun fridays - not sure what a Wii is but think Betsy has a point about the cheese.
Blog administrators - please go in and clean up some of our past polls and junk - this thing is starting to click alot -- i'll go in and edit Bob's and my books - others do the same or else we're very slow readers!
Thanks for the fabulous job everone is dong with this - i love logging on and finding something new -- a big high five to all contributors and commenters!
Post a Comment