Thought we might get a little one up-manship going about commuting to work - what is your scoop on this issue.
This came up tonight as I was in a traffic situation on the way home from work - i came home at 5:30 which is a little earlier than usual - i felt like i was in a regular traffic commuting situation. Four cars turned onto Blacktail Road with the leader going only 35 miles per hour. I was in third position and settled in for a longer commute. The amazing thing was that then all four of the commuters turned onto Smith Lane with the leader slowing to 20 miles per hour. I thought is this Los Angeles, Savannah, Missoula, Idaho Falls????? Subdivisions popping up all over in spite of the subprime crisis making commuting more and more interesting. We are discovering we need to up the time 3 minutes for our six mile trip from country to home. Should I flex my work hours to come home at 5:35???!!!!
3 comments:
At first I thought they were all going to the party house. Guess not. I don't think you will get a lot of sympathy with that post. And yes you should get flex time depending how far you live from work.NOT Wouldn't that be a administration nightmare!! Surban sprawl is going to suck us all in. Especially if the "bridge to nowhere" become a reality.
Dalli is calling so better take her on a walk up the runway.
Love,
Alice
so i am thinking everyone needs to tell the milage they travel to work and the time that it takes...i travel 4.5 miles and it takes me between 15 and 20 minutes usually. i take the back roads and avoid hopping on the freeway. i am so grateful that i live this close to work especially since i have been pushing my wake up time later and later! so let's hear it people...
This experience sounds hair raising mom I am glad to hear you survived. This is what happens when your downtown becomes as ghetto as Dillon's has become. Can you blame people for fleeing to the suburbs. I mean I don't know how you expect people to raise a family with all the crime and gang warfare going on there. Its like Westside Story with cowboy hats anymore. You and dad got out just in time, but I worry about G and G Davis on Arizona. Keep an eye on them for me. My current commute takes me up Third Street through Hancock Park and Korea Town onto the 101 to the 110 and finally coming to an end in Highland Park. The milage is around 14 miles each way and takes about 20 minutes in the morning (I live in LA where the morning rush hour does not start until about 10:00 when everyone has to get to their office (Starbucks) where they spend two hours pretending to write a script then off to the gym and nail salon before a late lunch at the Ivy) so a 6:00 departure is clear sailing while my trip home takes about 1 hour (I hit the afternoon tanning salon rush).
Post a Comment