Sunday, July 20, 2008

Adventures in Space










Daddy kept forgetting to upload the pictures from the last two weeks so now I have to do two posts in one day. Two weeks ago we had Missions to the Moon week. I read "Midnight on the Moon" and the research book called "Space". Jack and Annie traveled to the moon on their magic tree house and got the final "M" thing which was the mouse peanut they had with them all the time. They were good books and I learned a lot. For our adventure day we went to Hollywood to see Wall-E, a movie about a robot who travels into space because the Earth is really dirty. We also saw a lot of stars on the sidewalk so dad claims that it fits in our space unit. After the movie we ate a hot dog at Pinks. It was soooooo yummy. I started a collection of bottle caps because I got an Orange Crush and dad got a Grape Crush and the bottle caps were really cool. For Friday Night Fun Night we went to the Griffith Observatory, ya! My favorite part was looking through the gaint telescope and seeing the Moon with all its craters. It was awesome! Space week was really fun and I learned that we need to take care of the Earth because I don't want it to become a trash pile.

Sincerely,

Incredible Carter

2 comments:

Just2CUsmile said...

you have been having SO much fun Incredible Carter!

I'm so bummed I missed the Observatory with you guys. I have never looked thru the big telescope - i'm a lil jealous.

The Pink's hot dog picture really makes me want to go and get one lol

"We also saw a lot of stars on the sidewalk so dad claims that it fits in our space unit."

Love it....and it just goes to show that Science is everywhere ;)

bob said...

Great job posting Carter. I think you and your family are really having a great summer. I think this week is a book about ghost towns and the adventure will be a walk and picnic in Bannack - a ghost town in Montana. I can't wait to do this with you!!!

See you SOON!