Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dolphin Days






This week we read "Dolphins at Daybreak" and the research book "Dolphins and Sharks". We were suppose to go to the ocean a couple days this week but those trips were canceled because both of the babies got really sick. So instead I built some forts in my backyard with Emily and we played house. It was fun anyway. On Friday the whole family went to the Long Beach Aquarium. We say a lot of sting rays and Jamison and I petted them. We also saw some sharks but I was to afraid to pet them. The most important thing I learned this week is that we need to work to take care of the ocean and not pollute.

Sincerely,

Incredible Carter

2 comments:

Just2CUsmile said...

Sorry that you missed out on going to the ocean, but i hope the babies are better now.

You pet the sting ray!? that's cool...i've been too afraid to even do that...how did they feel?

bob said...

interesting post Carter - looks like you are getting the car ready to come to MONTANA - I can't wait.

You should email your cousin Lisa -she was able to be with dolphins two days this week during her SURF Institute week. She knows alot about the ocean and coastal marshes and how important taking car of them for the future is. I'm glad you learned that also.