Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ice Age Investigations





This week Daddy and I read Sunset of the Sabertooth and Sabertooths and the Ice Age. I learned a lot about the first Homo Sapiens (that means humans) and Ice Age animals. My favorite Ice Age animal is the Woolly Mammoths. The Pygmy Mammoths and Columbian Mammoths are cool too but the Woolly Mammoth is my favorite. For our adventure day we went to the La Brea Tar Pits. We saw a Woolly Mammoth robot and lots of skulls and fossils. There were thousands of Dire Wolf skulls. It is a fun day. Afterwords we went to Kook a Roo because that is what Grandma and I always do after visiting the Tar Pits. I miss Grandma and can't wait for more adventures with her. The next day was The Fourth of July and I could have seen the fireworks if it wasn't for that tree in our backyard. It was fun anyways. Mom and I made a yummy flag cake. For movie night we watched both Ice Age movies-of course Manny the Mammoth is my favorite character. I can't wait for Ice Age 3 coming out in July next year. I had a great week. Stay tuned next week we are going on more adventures.

From The Incredible Carter

4 comments:

emmy said...

Very interesting information, Incredible Carter!! It reminds me of our fun trip to the tar pits last year... I remember being told more than once that day that i was not as good at the tour as grandma sue!

Just2CUsmile said...

Awesome blog Incredible Carter!

Can't wait to hear more about your summer adventures!

The Bob Briggs Family said...

Great work this week Carter. Your notebook is looking great and I am so lucky to have such a fun, creative, and energetic companion for the summer. I am so proud of you. Keep up the great work.

Daddy

Susan said...

I'm so glad you had a great week thinking about the Ice Age. Glad your Dad finally went to the Tar Pits and the Page Museum - that is our special spot but we don't mind sharing. I was wishing I was there too so we could once again do our routine - glad you went to KooKaRoo and remembered the fun times we've had. Nice blog - can't wait to hear about this weeks adventures. I love you Incredible Carter son of Loren The Great!!