I survived my first big earthquake today (although some quake experts are only calling it "moderate"). I realize many of you reading this out in blogland have been through an earthquake... maybe even two. I'm sure you can appreciate the confusion and fear the earthquaking causes. So I am sure you will all be super impressed to hear I not only survived the earthquake but led a classroom full of scared 6th graders to safety. I know... I will give you a moment to picture and process the heroism of that moment. I'm even a bit astonished by my bravery. I will be home in Montana in a few weeks if you want to organize some sort of parade or something. It doesn't need to be anything too extravagant. Something dignified, something to honor the ordinary, average, everyday heroism of Ms. Briggs.
In all seriousness, I was totally shocked when I got home and saw some of the damage in my apartment. That's a giant mirror on the floor. I wasn't around when it fell. So no bad luck for me, right? Right???
2 comments:
Yikes! It is scary to see the impact of the earthquake. I mean, it is only a mirror, but something broke! That is scary to me!
We will erect a little memorial in your honor here in the Cleve'. We like celebrating everyday Emmy heroism!
Prade planning in process -- slightly larger than the usual Yahoo Emmy's in Montana Parade!!!
Wow the broken mirror and stuff on the floor is amazing. I'm not surprised that Miss successfully handled the 6th graders with aplomb - luckily you've been well trained.
Post a Comment