Sunday, July 6, 2008

Savannah

I loved, loved, loved my time in Savannah!! It is a great city, with so much to explore and luckily I had WONDERFUL tour guides. I guess I could flood this thing with pics but i will just choose a few of my favorites. Hopefully Anne will add a few more at a later date. It seems like a lot of our time was spent in the water. The three older kids have swim team practice twice a day so we spent some time at the pool. Cody got to play in the water park at the Y. We also went for a night swim in the backyard pool. The Fullers are definitely little water babies!




I also had the opportunity to check out the yummy, yummy Crabshack with Mark, Anne, Lisa, and Cody. It was a totally fun tourist trap with some of the best crab and shrimp I have ever tasted.

We followed that delicious meal up with some "Barbara Jean's Chocolate Stuff." I don't even have words for this dessert... maybe heaven. I will leave it at that.
Next we spent a great afternoon at the beach. I love East Coast Beaches. It wasn't too crowded. The water was warm. It was clean and easy to get to. The only negative was the worst sunburn of my life. Apparently you need to spread the spray suncreen around. Otherwise you will be left with a super streaky sunburn.




Tybee Island has all these adorable painted turtles. We took pictures next to a few.
It was a wonderful trip. I love catching up with my nieces and nephews that live sooooo far away! I am excited they will be moving closer, although I know they are going to miss their beautiful home in the south.

3 comments:

Just2CUsmile said...

aawwww looks like it was a FUN trip!

Savannah is definitely on my list of destinations to visit soon :)

Kalin said...

Savannah and the Fullers look amazing. I will for sure have put it on the list of places to see. Though it definitly has dropped behind Omaha, Neb. now that the main Georgia attraction is leaving. See you all at the college world Series some day, Fullers. By the way, is that some sort of trick photography or are east coast beaches really that much nicer than what we have in L.A. At least we still can take solace in the fact that WEST COAST, BABY won the rap wars.

LoB

Susan said...

These cute pictures make the week I must wait to see all those cuties in person even longer. Looks like as usual the Fuller's hosted a great visit. Not sure i even dare go to Barbara Jean's! Do think I'll need some shrimp from somewhere. Glad I will get to see Savannah one more time and then another great opportunity to learn the mid west - somewhere I've never been. The Fuller's keep life interesting in a geography expanding way! See you guys next SATURDAY - YAHOO!!!