Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In a sentimental mood...

While in Savannah I had the distinct pleasure of helping my sweet niece, Lisa, clean out some of her treasures in preparation for their move to Omaha. This process inspired me to re-evaluate some of the stuff that I have been moving from place to place. Tonight I came across a box in the top of my closet. I sat down to deal with it and discovered tons of old letters. I settled in and read through them all. Wow! I have been so blessed with wonderful people in my life. I found myself switching between laughing and crying as I read through all the sweet notes that my friends and family have sent me over the years (starting in about 1998). I have the best parents, grandparents, siblings, sibling-in-laws, nieces, nephews, old roommates, new roommates, friends, and cousins any girl could ask for. I was amazed all the places these letters were sent from. All-in-all a great evening.

4 comments:

betsey said...

fun! I have a big pile of notes/letters etc that I am going to to through next week. I'll be sure to get the tissues handy.

We do love you Emmy! You are the GREATEST!

Just2CUsmile said...

wow that is a lot!

hope you didn't get rid of any of those...

ditto to Betsey's last comments :)

Susan said...

Honey - save all those precious papers to remind you of how much you are loved or at least keep them in your heart. we are all blessed to have so many wonderful people sharing our lives - hold on too all of us!

we love you - Mom

Susan said...

Just caught Anne up on the last couple weeks of the blog. She said this was a very nice blog and she laughed through the others - especially enjoyed and agreed with the ghost tour story - ALL TRUE!

Said for me to comment since she wasn't logged in. We are working like fiends here and it is after midnight - said she will try to write and comment soon but like others enjoys reading it all! We just enjoyed 15minutes of before bed r & r enjoying all the cute pictures.

susan for Anne