Then we pulled into the parking lot of The Pirate's House. We learned that we would have the unique opportunity to explore the rum cellar. There is a tunnel (the entrance has been bricked over) leading to the river from the rum cellar. This tunnel was used to transport unsuspecting young men to ships on the river, where they would be taken out to sea and forced to work. The Shanghai tunnel has numerous ghost stories attached to it... I of course was nervous about this stop on the tour. I bravely made my way down the stairs and immediately wanted to climb right back up them!
I can't describe the feeling that overwhelmed me in this cellar. I felt anxious and uncomfortable, nauseous and nervous all at once. The tour guide told us about the room and then left us to take some pictures. You can see a bunch of orbs above the people's heads in this one...
And now I submit my final piece of evidence. We decided to take pictures next to the Shanghai Tunnel. Both Anne and I felt HORRIBLE while standing in the corner waiting to have our picture taken. Why you may ask? Just look to the right of us and you will see the face of the spirit that was making us feel so uncomfortable. Let me know if you need help spotting the face. I wish I knew how to zoom the pictures so you could see them as clearly as I do!!
5 comments:
so i have looked (even tho i didnt want to) and saw what you were talking about...GW in the house! hehe
i saw one orb and no, i will not be looking for anymore cuz i'm about to call you know who ;) lol
I don't see the face, but I see the orbs. Sounds creepy.
If I click on the pictures, they are bigger than full screen.
No wonder the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man was wearing a sailor suit he was a Savannah spirit shanghaied from the shanghai tunnel. I did see the face this time, I know you think it looks like a little girl but to me it looks more like David Silver. I think the orbs look a lot like me after cupcake madness.
LoB
This will not be a part of Savannah i will need to see. I'm sure the spirit was friendly just wanting to say hi to my lovely daughters - who wouldn't be attracted to you smart wonderful women!
I still can't believe Emmy actually suggested a ghost tour!!!
The orbs look better in the actual pictures. I thought everyone would be excited about my surprise, namely the visit to the rum cellar. I am not sure Emmy will ever forgive me, but please note, Mark was thrilled. He has been wanting to visit that place for two years. Also note, Mark did not feel anything and cannot see the very clear face in the pics by the tunnel. Emma picked the face out without being told what she was looking for- so did Rob and Lisa. HMMMMM.
Post a Comment