Thursday, November 29, 2007
Is it too early for Christmas Trees?
So we followed up the Thanksgiving Festivities with a Tree Trimming Party. Betty and I hosted Kalin, Loren, Carter, Jamison, Molly, and Iris at our apartment for some good ole fashioned decorating fun. Betty was the main decorator with a little help from Carter. Jamison was the main undecorator. Kalin was the cruise director. She channeled Sue's delegating skills to point out the empty spots all the while reading People's Sexiest Man Alive Issue. Nothing says Happy Holidays like Matt Damon. MMM MMM MMM! We did get some candid shots of Molly hanging up her first ornament. I think she really enjoyed it. Not only did we decorate the tree (which in the end did not turn out too Charlie Brownish) we also decorated some sugar cookies...okay let's be real. we dipped some made-from-pillsbury-dough cookies in canned frosting. They were delicious and fancy. The best part was Kalin volunteering to bring her swedish meatballs. if you haven't had the opportunity to try these tasty morsels you need to get yourself invited to the next karaoke/tree decorating/new year's/superbowl event. i was snacking on them all night long. I lost count on how many Christmas movies we watched. It was a great day and now I get to type this post in the multi-colored glow of a fake Christmas Tree. Happy Holidays!!







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you so much to Emmy and Betty for hosting!
Kalin's meatballs are THE BEST and i will make sure to invite myself over anytime they make an appearance lol
The tree turned out really nice and it was fun sitting around and chatting (er, coerced into getting a wreath and garland) with the lights on :)
Great pictures of a fun time. Can't believe how Molly is growing. The tree looks beautiful - enjoy it!!
p.s. I'm also a fan of the Kalin meatballs.
I tried to sign in to do a blog posing the question "is there ever too much" regarding holiday decorating. This is in regards to the disgusting wake up alarm from Bob & Laurie in the Morning. She was talking about decorating and did it look like "Santa vomited in your house". (currently we have boxes and junk everywhere!) Two debates here - one on decorating and one on disgusting radio talk show host chatter -- what do you all think???? (p.s. - if i don't recover from my brain cramp i may need an email about the blog email!)
First of all let me say, the use of the vomit word is disgusting and inappropriate in all situations. So radio host chatter ANNOYING!! Second of all, there is no such thing as too much christmas. Decorations, the music, the movies, the shopping, etc. My head is just spinning thinking of all glorious green and red goodness. Decorate on Sue! I can't wait to see it all when I get home in one short week.
Post a Comment