Sunday, November 4, 2007

October Pictures

I thought I would pull a MJF and travel back in time through October.
October 31st-Halloween
I already posted a few Halloween pictures previously but I thought I might try to explain them. Carter is Darth Vader, Jamison is a skunk, and Molly is dressed as a cute baby in a boo hat. The highlight of the night was the showdown between a drunk Jesus and representing evil my son Darth Vader (Coincidentally a showdown between the most famous son (Jesus) and father ("Luke, I am your father" in literature). Needless to say this was a classic battle. Drunk Jesus seemed to have the upper hand as he refused to give all evil characters more than one candy until Carter used the force or rather the darth vader force choke hold and drunk Jesus had to relent and turn one candy into two. (Not exactly as cool as turning water into wine but from the smell eminating from Jesus more wine is the last thing this Jesus needed.)
October 30th-Pumpkin Carving


Emmy came down for the annual Emmy carve the pumpkin while we watch The Great Pumpkin and give Emmy strange looks while she gets pumpkin pulp all over. Keep up the good work Emmy the pumpkin looked great this year. (Though I suspect that is mostly because of the new pumpkin carving tool I purchased for the event-so really I am the hero of the evening.)

Mid-October-Bob and Sue Visit-Disneyland Trip
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Mom and Dad for the extra hours of sleep, the great food, the clean apartment and of course the great trip to Disneyland.


October 17-Carter's B-Day
Big day as my Big Boy turned 7. Extra f

un was provided as mom flew in for the celebration.

October 2-15-Visits from Grandma Cathy and Aunt T

heresa

More helped arrived for the overwhelmed parents first in the form of master chef Grandma Cathy and later from the boys favorite stylist Aunt Theresa who gave Jamo his first haircut. (No more baby mullet)

4 comments:

Susan said...

Great monthly show - Thanks for the good post. It was a great 1st month for Molly with lots of love and help for the parents from so many. We loved our time in CA. I'm a big fan of the Market. Amazingly we were with both 7 year olds this year on their birthdays! It was so much fun and we thank you for putting up with us so long.

emmy said...

I'm glad that I got to join in all the October fun...I just wanted to comment on a few things loB left out. The pic where I am smiling and pretending that I am a good auntie...really I am thinking back up off my jack-o-lantern. It is true...I don't know what I will do if I don't live next to loB and K. Who will let me clean out there pumpkins? loB also forgot to mention that Jamison LOVES his auntie. I am his new favorite thing...and this is a big deal because jamo used to give me the mean staredown. I think all the hair was impairing his judgement. Although I miss the curls, i like the new found auntie love.

Kalin said...

Can I just say that while Emmy does dig out the pumpkin, I actually carve the pumpkin. Loren just stands there and takes pictures. What is wrong with this scenario??

Just2CUsmile said...

next year, i promise to be there to help you, kalin...i missed pumpkin carving this year :(