Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Sweet 16


The first round of December Madness has reached its conclusion, bringing us to the sweet 16 of the coolest thing ever: holiday edition. The first round saw a number of close match ups, a few upsets, one massive blowout, and a lot of questions. Let me address some of the questions first and then we will move into a quick preview of the great match ups we have in the second round. To answer a few of Aunt Emmy's questions first; 1. Yes, this is the holiday edition which does mean that Emmy and I have made other Coolest Thing Ever brackets, 2. No, it is not so much I don't have a life as it is what the state of California deems professional development can drive ADD addled, 32 year old teachers to do crazy things in order to avoid running out of meetings screaming. 3. I don't really know what led me to match up ketchup and bunny sip in the first round and I apologize for the sleepless nights that left you with as you tried to decide between these two culinary masterpieces. (By the way it was great hearing from Aunt Emmy on the phone even if it was hard to hear her over Jamison's screams because he picked that moment to see how many cartwheels he could perform while falling down the stairs.) As to a few of the other questions I really don't know what bunny sip is other than it is really good and if you google bunny sip to try and figure out what it is it just leads you back to a blog called the briggy bunch. Emmy and I have been debating what bunny sip is all week, she feels it is more of a hot egg nog and my memory is it is more like a vanilla steamer. If anyone has the actual bunny sip recipe and could end this debate maybe Emmy and I could began talking to each other again. (The debate got a little heated with Emmy calling me and my vanilla steamer theory a big poo poo head and me running up the stairs in tears ending with a slamming of my door.)
For me the featured match up in the second round has to be the squeak vs 3-wheel tube rides match up, squeak walked through the first round in such convincing fashion I think there might me a little overconfidence factor going against a really solid opponent. Other intriguing match ups include a old vs new tradition when fondue faces up against Grandma Martha's New Years Party and those nickel bowl game bets and the aforementioned bunny sip against my personal favorite Grandma Martha's Sweet Potatoes. I hope you all keep voting and again may the coolest thing win.
LoB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you asked, I dug out the recipe for Bunny Sip.

1/2 C Sugar
3 egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 C whole milk, scalded

Beat 1/2 C Sugar into egg yolks; add 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir in milk slowly. Cook until mixture coats spoon, stirring constantly.

Dash salt
3 egg whites
1/4 C Sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Add dash salt to egg whites and beat stiff; add remaining 1/4 C sugar; beat well.

Pour Bunny Sip mixture into cups and dab the egg white mixture on top.

Enjoy - from Grandma Barb.

emmy said...

Wahoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Aunt Emm! You totally have saved the day. Can you come make it for me? There are some directions in here that seem a little difficult. I have a feeling if I try this my apartment will quickly be filled with burn smells and the alarm will be ringing loudly. I am so excited for the Bunny Sip party. Brit you are still working on that, right?