Monday, November 19, 2007

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...

Okay, okay...I know it is a little early yet, but I just can't contain myself any longer. The holidays are here and I am celebrating them in full effect. Sunday evening I watched The Christmas Carol and as I type the court scene from Miracle on 34th Street is playing. This afternoon I did my first ever solo shop to prepare for my part of Thanksgiving Dinner. I am in charge of the mashed potatoes, oyster stuffing, and a dessert of some sort. I came home turned on the movie, lit some delicous vanilla candles, and got started on Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. Here is a picture. (Not mine cleary)

They are mmmmmmm mmmmmmm delicious!!! I am thinking of all of you and missing all of you and excited for December 15th when I come home!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Wierd! Did a comment that didn't come through. just wanted to say we are with you on this especially after today with all the beautiful snow. The heavy snow on the pine trees makes campus look like a Christmas card.

so far this week Bob and I have watched "A Christmas Carol" (George C. Scott version), "Polar Express" and "The Walton's Christmas". I've also actually purchased some of the Christmas presents - great 30% off everything sale at Mitchell's as they are selling the store to Pamida per Dillon rumour.

Whoopie pies look great - you will have to make some for a party up here.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving posts.

Just2CUsmile said...

LOVED the whoopie pie treats - Thank you Emmy (and Betty...?) ;)

Can't wait for tree decorating and CHristmas movie FridaY!

Tiffany Feger said...

I'll require that recipe. My mom made some sort of pumpkin cookies a long time ago that you just reminded me of. If it's a secret recipe, then you can come here and make them in secret and we'll throw a party just for you comming!

Sounds like I need to pop in some Christmas movies myself to keep up with you and your family.