Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Buncher Points Update

I know I am way behind in updating blog points and many of you may be wondering where exactly you stand in the ultimate blog competition. I started an update last week during school but was interrupted by a strange smell entering my classroom from the staircase that I had to deal with. (My guess is the culprits of this odd smell are big supporters of Ron Paul and his plan to get government out of the business of regulating the growth and sale of some types of plants.) So I am going to try again today and see if we can get everyone the points they deserve. I have decided to let Emmy's Cat-tastic reign last until March in order to give her more time to dig our blog out of the "black hole" it has fallen into since she was elected our leader. (I have suggested she write up a State of the Blog Address to inspire us in the same way Bush's State of the Union inspired me) So even if your point totals are low today or perhaps you have no points (Anne) you still have time to dig yourself out of this hole and win the prestigious title of Buncher of the Month (sort of). Here are the points. Again I have given 10 points for each post and 5 for each comment and then threw in some bonus points here and there for super duper spectacular items you have placed on the blog.

Emmy-Our current BOM has 3 posts and 4 comments for a total of 50 points. I gave Emmy 25 bonus points for her list but then she lost 20 bonus points for not including Journey or Lupe Fiasco. Total-55 points

The Fegers-Have 2 comments for 10 points plus an additional 100 bonus points for their new arrival. Congratulations. Total-110 points

Betsey-3 comments for 15 points and an additional 25 bonus points for watching the Super Bowl. I guess What Not to Wear was not on this Sunday. Total-40 points

Mom-4 posts, 8 comments for 80 points. Both blog highs which earns her an additional 100 bonus points. Total-180 points

Kalin-1 post, 1 comment for 15 points. Plus a 25 point surgery bonus. Total-40 points

Iris-5 comments=25 points plus an additional 10 points for the Corn Chowder (yummy)-Total 35 points.

Mark-1 comment=5 points plus a 25 point surgery bonus. Total-30 points.

Jenna-1 post, 2 comments=20 points plus 100 bonus points for the Flat Stanley (Are you sure you don't want to move to L.A. and teach Carter's class next year. Please!!!) Total-120 points.

Aunt Emm-1 comment=5 points plus 68 bonus points for being a mother of teen angst survivor. Stay golden, ponygirl. Total-73 points.

Aunt Alice-1 comment=5 points plus 11 bonus points for a bridge to nowhere reference. Total=16 points

Me-1 post, 2 comments=20 points. What can I say it has been a busy month. Total 20 points

Have a great Super Fat Tuesday (now that is a day I can get excited about) and remember to vote.
LoB

5 comments:

betsey said...

Ummm...do I lose points because I didn't really watch the Super Bowl? I just happened to go on CNN.com at the time when the game ended. I am savy enough to realize that if the Giants won, it must have been an exciting game!

There was a What Not to Wear marathon on, but I had seen them all :)

Just2CUsmile said...

i think Betsey needs to keep her points for 'fessing up :)

and in the spirit of generosity i think i should get some SuperBowl points as well cuz i actually did watch the game ;)

The Bob Briggs Family said...

LoB,

We have recieved some AWESOME Flat Stanley's from some very creative bloggers (imagine Flat UMW football Stanley, Flat Mrs. Briggs via Georgia, Flat Dylan Feger..simply fabulous!) and I am excited to see if we have any more on the way! I'll be sure to get some pictures taken of them and maybe we could work in some bonus points for everyone?

Just2CUsmile said...

Mr. Briggs needs some extra points for the excellent use of the radio today during supervision at school :)

10-4, Mr. Briggs?
over and out.

Anne said...

Loren, please see today's contributions and recalculate! I can't possibly have zero now.
Anne Nicole