An original work by Anne Nicole entitled The Girl Scout Cookie Season from the Prospective of an Average Leader (I think that may be too long- but it is still a work in progress).
Drum Roll Please
I hope that I shall never see
Even one more Girl Scout Cookie
Yes, it is that time of year again
To hit up the family and all your friends
To use these little sweetie pies
Get them to smile real big and bat their eyes
And ask if you wouldn’t like to buy
One more thing to hit your thighs
A fundraiser to money raise
So council can continue in so many ways
Each troop gets pennies on the box
So get your girls to fill those warehouse docks
With cases of cookies- a great amount
But doesn’t the time I give weekly count?
It is not enough, and that is the truth
You need to sit at every booth
Get these girls to sell to the skies
And they can get a funky prize
That they will never use again
But it will be worth it, even then
The initial order is not even in
But already the figures make my head spin
Why do I do this, I hear you ask
Because it is my motherly task
And if the troop doesn’t make some money
The banker will be my hubby honey
Who brings in the flo by working hard all day
But not so all the neighborhood girls can play
So once again my girls trudge out to sell
And I start murmuring as well
I guess that I should stop my grumbles
Because that is the way the cookie crumbles
Even one more Girl Scout Cookie
Yes, it is that time of year again
To hit up the family and all your friends
To use these little sweetie pies
Get them to smile real big and bat their eyes
And ask if you wouldn’t like to buy
One more thing to hit your thighs
A fundraiser to money raise
So council can continue in so many ways
Each troop gets pennies on the box
So get your girls to fill those warehouse docks
With cases of cookies- a great amount
But doesn’t the time I give weekly count?
It is not enough, and that is the truth
You need to sit at every booth
Get these girls to sell to the skies
And they can get a funky prize
That they will never use again
But it will be worth it, even then
The initial order is not even in
But already the figures make my head spin
Why do I do this, I hear you ask
Because it is my motherly task
And if the troop doesn’t make some money
The banker will be my hubby honey
Who brings in the flo by working hard all day
But not so all the neighborhood girls can play
So once again my girls trudge out to sell
And I start murmuring as well
I guess that I should stop my grumbles
Because that is the way the cookie crumbles
Emma and Mom at a cookie booth last year- apperantly the madness never ends- even when you are a Grandparent
Do I get extra points for my wonderful poetry?
4 comments:
A great poem - Dad and I were laughing through the whoe thing - and all so true. I remeber one time when Dad was a little tired of all the girl scout stuff (this is a family tradition)he said, "I think if you were cut you would bleed green!" He also bleeds green. GO GIRL SCOUTS.
love the poem...you should submit it to headquarters. cute picture of mom and emma...glad to see that she still participates in the girl scout madness that she so lovingly instilled in you!
i totally had the cookie song/scene from "Troop Beverly Hills" flashing thru my head while reading the poem...LOL
Anne - the more i read this the more i think you should send it to the "Leader" - if that is still a publication.
Really good job in all you do!!!
Post a Comment