


I have spent my entire life trying to understand Mom's knowledge of the British royals. I just couldn't get into the scandal, the stories, the history. I don't know if it was the influence of the AMAZING tour guide we had in London or if I am trying to spice up my own boring life but I have gone Tudor crazy!! I have read 3 of the Philippa Gregory books and am settling in to watch the complete first season of the showtime series The Tudors.
5 comments:
I want to watch The Other Boleyn Girl! I heart Scarlett Johannsen AND Natalie Portman....I am sure the books are good too, but can we also go to see the movie?
So I'm discovered -- much of my trivia winning knowledge in history comes from romantic historical novels -- great winter fun. This summer you'll have to read the Plantagenets series by Thomas B. Costain - top right-hand shelf of the living room bookshelf. And are the really making movies of the republished Philippa books?!
You better believe we are going to see the movie first thing next weekend!! I don't know Mom...will I like the Plantagenets as much as the Crazy Tudors?
Umm...Jonathan Rhys Meyers is hot (despite the ridiculous August Rush - Emmy, you know what I'm talking about). I'll watch The Tudors any time. Sorry LoB, I have to admit to my serious crush!
LoB will be happy to know that when you watch The Tudors your crush on Jonathan will disappear. Johnathan Rhys Meyers + King Henry VIII = CREEPY!! But never fear Kalin...I have found a new dreamboat for you. And by dreamboat I mean Luxury Liner, top of the line, adorable manly man. Henry Cavill=HOT, HOT, HOT!!!
Post a Comment